Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Lol  (Read 2202 times)

Offline Bythebay

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Collingwood
Lol
« on: February 12, 2013, 11:42:40 PM »
At my dealers again today ...GPS mount arrived , no wiring harness , and still no tank bag nor pannier liners ... And they say they can't tell me if they are shipped , back ordered , out of stock or anything ...?
Had hoped to head out a week from today ....
Doesn't look hopefull !
I find it strange that a dealer can't find out if items have been shipped , in or out of stock etc. ???
Any consoling thoughts ...! Lol
Live long , ride hard and prosper ...!

Offline clarge

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Qualicum Beach
Re: Lol
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 12:16:14 AM »
They should be able to tell you as my dealer tells me. Last time I checked all my stuff was in except for the sliding carriage for the top box. When he ordered the stuff he knew which items would take longer so did the order as soon as I firmed up the bike. They just go online and check.

Offline Bythebay

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Collingwood
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 12:47:02 AM »
I agree , we have had equipment come to the farm from all corners , know when it leaves ... Etc
Not sure what's up , just wondered if it was a Triumph trait ?
Live long , ride hard and prosper ...!

Offline clarge

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Qualicum Beach
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 02:54:18 AM »
I think the service level depends on the dealer. I know where my son works they haven't had to many warranty rejections. They had one were the customer hit a tree with the side bags on XC and pulled it off. Triumph fixed it under warranty. Right now he is fixing a very beat up bike with cracked sub frame and that is getting fixed as well.
I would put a bit more pressure on the dealer. They just go on line and look up the order and it should tell them the status. I know it does for my dealer.

Offline Canucks_Fan

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Tiger 1050 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Kennewick
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 04:30:12 AM »
If its domestic, they can track it. If its coming from England, they can't until its been received in Atlanta.  It was explained to me that they use different systems, and that the system in North America can't see parts in England, they can only request first available. After parts hit Atlanta, they're loaded into the NA system and become trackable.

Offline kgerry

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 07:29:11 PM »
there may be more to it being up here too.... i tried to order a part last year from my "local" dealer and was told 3 months... i ordered it from Triumph Detroit and had it on my desk in less than 2 weeks.....

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Hoyland
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2013, 06:42:41 PM »
Hey Guys

It must be murder for you getting hold of parts through your local dealers :233: Have you tried using a UK dealer and getting the shipped out? Although the bike is relatively new out of the blocks. Most of the parts accessories are on the shelfs in the UK dealers!! JUST A THOUGHT  :084:
Ride long & prosper.
Live to ride. Ride int rain.

Offline kgerry

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2013, 02:40:49 PM »
i've thought about it for my Bonnie.... but your GBP kills us.... i just ordered a subscription for Bike magazine a few months back and the 60 Pound subsrciption cost me over $100....

tweedy-bunch