Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: A new Dawn for TTs...I hope  (Read 1619 times)

Offline Trumpet

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TT SE
A new Dawn for TTs...I hope
« on: March 01, 2014, 11:46:25 pm »
I sold my 2013 TT shortly after I got it. Its a long story, but basically I couldn't find a trustworthy mech in my neck of the woods, and there were a few things starting to go wrong with the bike.

I thought the TT was the best commuter bike I ever had--which is mostly what I used my bike for....ok! make that the best Sports-touring, and I pretty much had them all.

I am re-visiting the TT, but the 2014 model. I am hoping Triumph got all the electronic kinks worked out and thus enhance the reliability of the cycle.

ONE QUESTION: Do you guys find that the TT blows hot air unto your ankles? Particularly in hot weather riding. Isn't there some kind of ankle wings or something you can install on the fairing to cure that?
If I had money I wouldn't be on this board now
I wanna be Hefner's roommate
I trade ignorance and youth for old age anytime

Offline donmoe

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Jupiter, FL
Re: A new Dawn for TTs...I hope
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 12:22:02 am »
*Originally Posted by Trumpet [+]
ONE QUESTION: Do you guys find that the TT blows hot air unto your ankles? Particularly in hot weather riding. Isn't there some kind of ankle wings or something you can install on the fairing to cure that?
My experience with my Trophy has been pretty good over the past year and 42K miles since taking delivery in January. I've also had reasonably good luck with the mechanics at the various dealerships around the country during my 21K-mile summer tour last year, including my home dealership in Stuart, FL.

As for the heat on your ankles, I have noticed it slightly, but only if I put my feet up on my highway pegs. In really hot weather I found it very helpful to mount a set of Baker Airwings to the R&G Racing Adventure Bars in order to redirect more airflow towards my body, or in cool weather to reduce the airflow. I've posted more details and photos in another posting on the forum.

Don
2015 BMW R1200GSA 2004 BMW R1150RT
2013 Triumph Trophy SE 1981 Kaw KZ1000 Shaft
2010 Kaw Concours 14 ABS 1974 Kaw Z1
2008 Kaw Concours 14 ABS 1973 Kaw H1

Offline Trumpet

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TT SE
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 12:50:44 am »
hey don,
...I am talking about the ones that keep engine hot air from hitting your ankles
If I had money I wouldn't be on this board now
I wanna be Hefner's roommate
I trade ignorance and youth for old age anytime

Offline donmoe

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Jupiter, FL
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 04:58:33 am »
*Originally Posted by Trumpet [+]
hey don,
...I am talking about the ones that keep engine hot air from hitting your ankles
Right, and the Airwings help with that too.

Don
2015 BMW R1200GSA 2004 BMW R1150RT
2013 Triumph Trophy SE 1981 Kaw KZ1000 Shaft
2010 Kaw Concours 14 ABS 1974 Kaw Z1
2008 Kaw Concours 14 ABS 1973 Kaw H1

tweedy-bunch