Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Let me say something nice about my Trophy:  (Read 6944 times)

Offline KenSmith

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Corbin, Kentucky
Let me say something nice about my Trophy:
« on: March 03, 2014, 02:04:45 pm »
I rarely post anything positive about my bike on this forum due to the poor reliability of the machine. Let me take this opportunity to say something good about the bike.

This is by far the most comfortable bike I've ever owned. The seating position is perfect for me. It feels as if the Triumph engineers designed it specifically for me. I can sit on this bike through a whole tank of gas without any problems. I can stand on the pegs and move through rough spots easily.

This is by far the best handling bike I've ever owned. I have owned Sport/Tourers and Tourers for years. I've never had a bike this nimble in the twisty places. It is amazing how the bike goes from top heavy and difficult to maneuver in the garage to just absolutely awesome when rolling. Even at walking speed in a parking lot the bike is smooth, predictable, and light. I was hitting it pretty hard in the twisties earlier this month and had to make a sudden move to avoid a critter. The bike handled it without a shudder.

The wind protection on this bike is the best I've ever seen. I have ridden down to -1 Fahrenheit comfortably. I love the still spot behind that large fairing. I love the easy way I can change the air by raising or lowering the shield.

I love the smooth power delivery and well-designed clutch that let me ride on slick surfaces without fear of breaking the back end loose. This bike does not show the same low-throttle issues I've seen on other modern bikes with electronic throttle control.

I love the cruise control that keeps the blue lights away when I ride on the highway. I love the traction control that keeps the front wheel on the ground when I pull away from a stop light. This also keeps the blue lights away.

As much as I love the peace and quiet of the bike under normal riding, I have to admit I love the growl I hear when I hit it hard in the twisty bits. When I come up out of a hard right turn in second gear and twist the throttle... Wow!

I love the stiff bag liners that function like good luggage when I stop somewhere for the night. I love the feel and sound of the closure on the saddle bags.

I could go on and on listing the great things I love about this bike. But this is a good start.
Ken Smith
Corbin, Kentucky
2014 Yamaha Super Tenere - Coming Soon
2013 Triumph Trophy SE - Going Soon
2014 Honda CTX1300 Deluxe

Offline afterburner

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 triumph trophy
  • City / Town: long beach, ca
Re: Let me say something nice about my Trophy:
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 02:52:00 pm »
I tell people all the time about my trophy. It's really nice when it's working. But on 4K mile trip last summer, it exhibited a couple of hick ups a few hundred miles into my trip. And the entire trip, I was always wondering if I was gonna have to rent a u haul to carry the bike home. Kind of ruined the trip for me.

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 03:20:56 pm »
KenSmith...very nice testimonial.  Thanks for sharing.   :028:
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline BigD

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Columbus (Dublin) OH
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 03:27:29 pm »
*Originally Posted by KenSmith [+]
Let me take this opportunity to say something good about the bike.

I can't disagree with anything you said.

Offline Roger

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Kent
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 06:43:30 pm »
Good post Mr Smith

Roger

Offline TrupTR

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE
  • City / Town: Bombala
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 07:28:45 pm »
Mr Smith, Totally agree
Sprint ST 2007-2010
Sprint GT 2010-2014
TTSE-2014

Offline john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: sprint1050 tiger955
  • City / Town: Farndon
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2014, 08:14:49 pm »
Good post hopefully the other things will get fixed.

Offline Ernest T

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Salado, Texas
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2014, 09:08:47 pm »
The Trophy is everything I wanted in a bike, powerful, all day comfortable, good audio system, adjustable suspension etc.  Mine hasn't left me stranded, but it does have gremlins in there somewhere.  I'll pick it up tomorrow with a new head, ECM, modified side stand, and new tires.  I hope all is well.

tweedy-bunch