Wiring identification by Gladiator
[Today at 11:15:16 pm]

Warranty Expires Today by Saddle Tramp
[Today at 09:26:49 pm]

Accessory Outlets by trophied
[Today at 08:14:18 pm]

What if I tip over? by Ray_B
[Today at 06:17:30 pm]

Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Time to retire from motorbikes ?  (Read 4183 times)

Offline Roger

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Kent
Time to retire from motorbikes ?
« on: March 05, 2014, 11:31:33 am »
I dropped of my TT for the ECU change this morning and the dealer kindly ( I think ) lent me a new Bonneville, first impressions were it looks quite nice sounds nice and is very light, my other thought was that if you think you should retire from riding a motorcycle this would definitely be the bike to buy, after riding it for about half an hour I was ready to pack up riding and start wheel barrow racing or something as exiting ! I reached 65 mph it was like being in an aeroplane with the window open !, and cold I still havn't found the switch for the heated seats, Ive gotta pick up my bike later I'm quite tempted to chuck it in the van and drop it off !

Roger

Offline Bludy L

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wayne Co, Ohio
Re: Time to retire from motorbikes ?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 12:31:03 pm »
I love my Bonneville, and my Trophy. Very different rides for very different purposes. Would I want to ride my Bonnie to California and back, probably not. Do I want to ride my Trophy in stop-and-go city traffic, not likely.
My mother asked what I wanted to be when I grew up. I said "a biker". She said I'd have to choose one or the other.

Offline andynmic

• Trophy Member
  • Motorcycling - The Greatest Escape
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 SE Launch
  • City / Town: Luton
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 12:51:27 pm »
We've been spoilt with out TT's !! Same thing happened to me last week. Dropped my TT into dealer as it was going to factory for recall. Lovely ride up to dealer, heated grips and seat on, screen up, sun shining - you get the picture. My loan bike was a brand new Tiger 800. Only 8 miles on the clock. Nice shiney bike and nice shiney tyres :005:   Trip home was steady to say the least ! No extras on bike at all, a screen that looks like it came free in a cornflakes carton, nowhere to store anything. But saying that, after I'd scrubbed the tyres in, it's become a fun ride, light predictable handling, quite sporty but with an upright riding position. I'm enjoying it for what it is, but not for me. Can't wait to get my TT back.
“Never knowingly understood”

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 03:45:07 pm »
That isn't a very fair comparison at all.  As BludyL said different bikes, different purposes.  If you are a long time rider think back to the old Meriden bikes.  I have ridden the old Triumphs, BSAs and Nortons cross country.  I've also ridden my Thruxton from Upstate New York to Houston, 1750 miles in two days.  It isn't nearly as bad as you make it sound. 
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline Roger

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2014, 05:15:42 pm »
I am aware its unfair to compare the two, I was messing around.

I collected my TT after the ECU change, whilst it was in at Gedges the best Triumph dealers in Sussex I asked them to wire up and fit my sat nav bracket while they had the fairing off which they did and they supplied the little cable, and they didnt charge me which I thought was very good of them, so a good day  :002:

Roger

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2014, 05:22:54 pm »
Ahh, I see.   That is the problem with emails and forums rather than face to face.  Can't tell that someone is messing around or kidding.   :028:
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline Roger

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2014, 07:53:14 am »
Sorry poor humor  :028:

Roger