Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: GPS mount  (Read 4218 times)

Offline Bythebay

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Collingwood
GPS mount
« on: February 16, 2013, 03:21:55 PM »
Re the SE wiring harness , what additional functions do you get when this is installed ? Just wondering if I really need it ...?
 :084:
Live long , ride hard and prosper ...!

Offline kgerry

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
Re: GPS mount
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 06:53:45 PM »
i would suspect the OE harness supplies power and gives you the audio interrupt for the GPS.... but i can't verify that....

Offline Bythebay

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Collingwood
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 07:07:28 PM »
The garmin 660 comes with a powered bracket c/w harness that mounts to the US version of the mount so if its only so it can talk through the SE speakers then I will pass ...
Still waiting for a couple items , came home from dealers and booked a flight to a warm island ! Would have rather be on my planed trip with my Trophy but the time window slipping away , oh well ... :821:
Live long , ride hard and prosper ...!

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hoyland
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 04:47:28 PM »
I believe it can set up via bluetooth and the audio unit? If you have this system in your helmet. Mine is through the Autocomm Logic 2 system and hard wired to the helmets. Iv'e used this system for a few years now and is well worth the investment. :821:
Ride long & prosper.
Live to ride. Ride int rain.

Offline kgerry

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 05:42:51 PM »
anyone know if the Trophy mount kit will work with the Zumo 350LM?    it was made to work with the Zumo 660 and the 350 replaces the 660....

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hoyland
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2013, 05:49:52 PM »
kgerry

Not sure about the 350LM? But this unit looks very much like my 550Zumo which I've fitted with no problem :821:

Chaos
Ride long & prosper.
Live to ride. Ride int rain.

Offline Triplemania

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2013, 04:53:07 PM »
*Originally Posted by kgerry [+]
anyone know if the Trophy mount kit will work with the Zumo 350LM?    it was made to work with the Zumo 660 and the 350 replaces the 660....

Hi, I have a 660 mounted on the supplied Triumph part and also was looking at changing to the 350LM. I tried looking at the 350LM mount on an eBay pic and the four bolt configuration did not look quite right (same), so I phoned Garmin Customer Services. The young lady I spoke to had to seek technical advice and the upshot of this was that they are NOT compatible. :187: