Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Only ridden my TTSE 200 miles  (Read 4819 times)

Offline Padman63

• Trophy Member
  • Get er Done, Make er smoke
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: San Diego Way, CA
Only ridden my TTSE 200 miles
« on: March 06, 2014, 01:58:46 am »
Just got my Trophy brand new yesterday. Wonderful bike. Triumph made a great product but in the end I think they invested about 10 bucks on the seat. It is AWFUL. My ass is on fire. :192: Can anyone recommend a good replacement seat for the Trophy????
2013 Triumph Trophy
2007 Honda Goldwing
2006 BMW R1200RT
2006 Harley Davidson Streetglide
2002 Harley Davidson Heritage Softail Classic

Offline KenSmith

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Corbin, Kentucky
Re: Only ridden my TTSE 200 miles
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 02:52:21 pm »
There is some adjustment in the seat position. You may have a better experience after playing around with it a bit.

For my butt, the Trophy seat is almost perfect. The only bike I ever had with a better stock seat was my police version ST1100.
Ken Smith
Corbin, Kentucky
2014 Yamaha Super Tenere - Coming Soon
2013 Triumph Trophy SE - Going Soon
2014 Honda CTX1300 Deluxe

Offline venomyellow

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 15 Rocket 14 K1600
  • City / Town: Stratford Upon Avon
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 02:56:03 pm »
I really like the Trophy seat - depends what shape your arse is, I s'pose….

Offline 1150newguy

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 03:44:57 pm »
The Trophy comes with the low seat as standard issue here in the states. I didn't care for it either. I have purchased the "comfort" seat, but because of the nasty winter I haven't had a chance to put any miles on it. It does feel much better to me than the stock seat. A bit firmer and shaped a bit different which allows me more movement. I will put in my official opinion  :125: when I have a chance to spend some time in the saddle.

Offline Wells

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy
  • City / Town: Gainesville
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2014, 04:17:45 pm »
There is a replacement option from Corbin, with heated option, though the heated option is NOT incorporated with the TTSE heated system.

I tried the seat on a test ride, and personally did not like it. It pushed me further back and I had to reach forward for the handlebars at that point. Apparently they can do some custom work to fix this problem, but it didn't seem worth it to me. I instead went with the comfort seat from Triumph and will be using it the way NavyDad is using his... during the summer months when it isn't freezing out. I had to use the low heated seat last night because it was actually chilly enough.
Other Bikes:
Honda 919
Honda CB750A Hondamatic

Offline DonTom

• Trophy Master
  • Don & Tom in Gulin, China
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TTSE & 9 others
  • City / Town: Auburn,CA or Reno,NV
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2014, 04:21:12 pm »
*Originally Posted by Padman63 [+]
Just got my Trophy brand new yesterday. Wonderful bike. Triumph made a great product but in the end I think they invested about 10 bucks on the seat. It is AWFUL. My ass is on fire. :192: Can anyone recommend a good replacement seat for the Trophy????
While the TTSE seat is fine with me, there are places that will make seats to match your weight and your size of your ass. They will then be made just for you and you only. I know a guy (BobM) who had his seat done at Russel Seats here in CA. You have to show up with the seat because it is custom made for each  rider. While this bike was a 2009 Yamaha Venture RSV, as far as I know they will do a seat for any bike, any person.

BobM would get sore in a 20 minute ride with the stock seat. Now he can ride all day and not get a bit sore with his Custom made seat. As you might expect, this is NOT going to be cheap. IIRC,  it cost BobM around a thousand bucks to have his seat done. But to him, it was the best thousand he ever spent on  any bike.

Perhaps there are other places that make custom seats in such a way for each rider, you will have to check around for your area or take a trip to Northern CA.

My TTSE seat is fine for me. I have the extra tall heated seat and I have it all the way up, but I have done a couple of 300 mile / 500 km rides with no complaints.

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 Black BMW R75/5/* 1984 Red Yamaha Venture* 2002 Yellow Suzuki DR200SE* 2013 Blue Triumph Trophy SE*2016 Orange/Black Kaw Versy 650 LT*2016 Orange Moto Guzzi Stelvio* 2017 Gold/Black Harley FLTRU RoadGlide Ultra*2017 Zero 6.5DS* 2017 Zero SR13 w/Pwr Tank*2020 Energica SS9

Offline Bludy L

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wayne Co, Ohio
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2014, 05:18:49 pm »
2300 miles before I put the bike away for the winter and a few days were in the 400 mile range. No issues here but perhaps I have more "padding" than you.
My mother asked what I wanted to be when I grew up. I said "a biker". She said I'd have to choose one or the other.

Offline Cide1

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Fishers
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2014, 07:12:57 pm »
I thought the "low heated" seat was horrible as well.  I put the Triumph "comfort" seat on, and was much, much happier with it.  I sit back on it more, and it feels a bit wider.  The "low heated" one puts me closer to the front where the seat is more saddle horse shaped, and therefore had bad ventilation, to where I worried about moisture building up on my pants from sweat.  Unfortunately, the comfort seat it is not heated, so I put the heated one back on at the end of the year, but it will come off soon for the much better comfort seat.

tweedy-bunch