Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Video Editing Software  (Read 1647 times)

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
Video Editing Software
« on: March 06, 2014, 08:29:44 pm »
Hi All,

not exactly a motorcycle accessory as such but as many of us ride with cameras to take movies of our favourite and memorable rides I thought I would review some free software that is available for download which enables some very simple, if basic video editing functions.

The VIRB Edit Software which can be downloaded from the Garmin site, site linked here, is provided by Garmin essentially as a basic video editing tool for use with its new VIRB range of sports cameras. Importantly, the software does not just work with the VIRB cameras, it will edit video files from any source! Usefully, it is also available as a desktop app for both Windows and Mac operating Systems!

The user interface is exceptionally simple allowing the quick import of video files, trimming and clipping those files down to size, slowing and speeding those videos up to 8x, adding soundtracks and the easy export of the completed movie even with a direct interface to Youtube to allow direct upload if you have an account!

It really is a well produced piece of software and has the advantage that if it is linked with the VIRB camera range you can even display GPS information and combined with other sensors things like heart rate, temperature, elevation etc.

I can really recommend this to anyone who wants a simple, intuitive piece of software enabling you to produce great output from your motoring movies!

BTW, I am NOT employed by Garmin in any capacity just a happy user of this great piece of free software and thought I would review it for you.
 :152:
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 10:19:15 pm by cropbiker »
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline Roger

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Kent
Re: Video Editing Software
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 10:13:16 pm »
You may not be employed by Garmin, but I would be surprised if you havnt got tons of free Garmin accessories arrive in the morning post !

Useful info thanks

Roger

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 10:19:48 pm »
Chance would be a fine thing! LOL  :745:
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline Wessa

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Thunderbird LT
  • City / Town: Winsford
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 11:14:51 am »
Nice one crop biker, I've also seen that advertised.

If anybody is interested, I currently use Nero software for all my digital needs. Current version is Nero 14, which will sort out your video, still, music and much more.

Wessa
Favourite place, on my bike!