Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Loss of a Triumph Dealership  (Read 3229 times)

Offline jordbarnet

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Marlton
Loss of a Triumph Dealership
« on: March 06, 2014, 10:56:43 pm »
Just learned in trying to get my Safety Recall on the ECU taken care off that Cherry Hill Motorsports lost their lease!

Damn shame

Beautiful store, filled with great people!

Offline Donk

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '15 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: WI & FL
Re: Loss of a Triumph Dealership
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 11:23:22 pm »
Where is Cherry Hill?

Offline jordbarnet

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 11:25:53 pm »
A suburb of Philadelphia across the Delaware River in New Jersey

Offline Donk

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '15 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: WI & FL
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 11:30:29 pm »
Kind of thought that but wasn't sure.  Could have been more than 1 Cherry Hill.  Did they loose the lease on the building or loose the Triumph franchise?

Offline jordbarnet

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2014, 12:29:40 am »
When I called this morning to schedule the work I was told that the doors just closed.  The financial backer pulled out.

Again - a shame.

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2014, 03:00:26 am »
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline sin_tiger

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE Lunar
  • City / Town: Maybole
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2014, 05:09:35 pm »
Sadly MCS Glasgow (Scotland) have also recently lost their Triumph franchise. There were rumors in the trade for some time before of a serious falling out between them. Pity, I got on well with the owner and he always treated me right even if I did have trouble with certain staff giving me documents when requested and I had to go to the factory.

Now I'll have to go to Edinburgh for any servicing, no real complaint about that, nice ride for me and good people to deal with. Still I really hope the West gets a dealer soon or Triumph will loose out on the summer season this year.

Offline Wells

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy
  • City / Town: Gainesville
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2014, 08:37:42 pm »
I am very very glad that a new Triumph dealer is opening up in a town just 30 miles away. While I have one local, I am also reading the writing on the wall for them, and it looks like they may go under at sometime in the future. My reasoning?

- They recently lost their Kawasaki franchise. Now, this is not a huge indicator, because apparently it was a Kawasaki decision for the region, not for the individual franchise. Apparently our region is simply not selling them well enough, which is kind of strange given the huge popularity in this (a college town) for Ninja's....
- They recently dropped the number of days open each week from six to five, and are now no longer open on Sunday or Monday.
- They do not honor warranty claims on motorcycles that were not purchased from their store, unless there is a profit in it for them. I admit that this is a bit to do with customer loyalty, and could be argued both ways. I found my TTSE at a dealer 100 miles away that was being sold for a steal, at a price that my local dealer would never have offered it for.
Other Bikes:
Honda 919
Honda CB750A Hondamatic