Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Hi from Surrey, UK  (Read 2968 times)

Offline Robmcg

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE 2013
  • City / Town: Adelaide
Re: Hi from Surrey, UK
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2013, 10:15:11 PM »
Spot on BP.
I am sorry to see the ST go. It has been a wonderful bike, but 10 years without change or upgrades is too long. I waited and waited for a new model and Honda, in there answer to my queries were noncommittal and said no new model in 2013. I think it's looks are still current, but technology moves on.
Triumph have taken a big step into this touring field and have hit the ground running.
Reliability will make or break the bike, as it has all the right attributes.

Offline BluePilot

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Woking
Re: Hi from Surrey, UK
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2013, 04:43:01 PM »
Yaaayyyyy! Just collected my bike!   :046:

I got a bit delayed because just as I was having a coffee before going out this morning my wife asked "What's that water running down the wall?"!! Cue furious running around lifting carpets and floorboards. Eventually found the leak where I should have looked first- in the bathroom under the bath. Sod's law it would happen on a bank holiday weekend. By the time that was dealt with it was lunch time so I didn't get to the dealer's till after lunch.

Sun came out for a few minutes while I was checking all the systems (no issues).
I even managed to get it home and into the garage before the rain started.

It was even better than I remembered from the test ride. The handling (on bog standard "normal" solo setting) was superb- light and responsive. The biggest issue is having to respect the running in schedule. That is going to be a pain for a while, but after spending £15k on a bike it would be stupid to abuse it from the start. As I am on holiday for a couple of weeks now all I need is some good weather to scrub the tyres off and bed in the brakes.

The hugger will go on in the morning along withe the Optimate lead, and then I can start figuring out how I am going to fit the intercom/bike-2-bike.

Can't wait.
I'll let our tame plumber deal with the leak while I concentrate on my new toy!
 :152:
"Let's be careful out there"

tweedy-bunch