Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Picked it up yesterday  (Read 4432 times)

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K1600GTL (Pegasus)
  • City / Town: Nottingham
Picked it up yesterday
« on: February 17, 2013, 09:22:32 PM »
Well I picked up my Trophy yesterday. What a lovely bike. It has the standard screen which is absolutely fine. The tank bag seemed huge but sat well on the bike and also has a waterproof cover and map cover to fit over the bag. The only issue we found was the rear footpeg was loose (I think the srping is missing) but that is being fixed next week.

One suggestion from me is for any new owners to consider getting the R&G bars fitted. We had a slight mishap today when I stopped on a slight slope causing my gf to get off awkwardly resulting in the bike rolling onto its side. No damage and the R&G bars took the fall so they have already paid for themselves.

'The farther one travels, the less one knows.......'

George Harrison

Offline ThickBrit

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2 x Trophies (80k+)
Re: Picked it up yesterday
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 08:53:11 PM »
Glad to hear they are worth the money - mine are being fitted this week...
I'd be very interested to hear how you get on with the tank bag and if it is worth £150.

Offline Glenk69

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Melbourne
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 08:57:18 PM »
Congrats on the new bike Berber.  I too was contemplating the Tank Bag.  I must say it looks rather large sitting on the bike.  I assume it doesn't interfere with the bars or the dash?

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 06:41:26 AM »
The tank bag has been well designed. It does not interfere with anything. I had the satnav fitted and can view that with no problem. It also does not obstruct any views of the dash. It hooks into the bottom two holes nearest the rider and there is a large clip near the screen. To refuel all you have to do is to undo the clip and lift the bag and tip it towards yourself. I suspect it may be easier to lift the unit off to refuel.

Another snag that has occurred is that the screen sometimes will not go down to its lowest setting. This is rare but when it does I simply switch off and on again and all is well. It is not snagging against anything or meeting any resistance as according to the manual if it does, it backs off a fraction which it isn't doing. I spoke to the sales team and the dealership who were baffled. Given the rare times that this happens I can live with it.

I rode it yesterday to work from Peterborough to Milton Keynes. This is all motorway (freeway) or dual carriageways. I was concerned as to filtering with such a wide bike. I need not have worried. The lights on the big are so much bigger that cars see me coming (unless the prats are texting whilst waiting in traffic) and part to allow me access. I also suspect they may think it is a police bike. Eitherway filtering is not a problem.

George Harrison

Offline kgerry

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 05:38:07 PM »
my goodness... with that tank bag on it looks like you're about to give birth.... i was envisioning a scene from Alien....

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hoyland
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2013, 05:40:09 PM »
I've also been looking at the tank bag? Although it sits nicely on the tank and because I only wanted it for carrying my puncture outfit and mini compressor I've decided that £150 is a bit steep. I have utilised the under seat area to better use.
Ride long & prosper.
Live to ride. Ride int rain.

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2013, 07:04:59 PM »
Well we are going to tour Scotland in May so I will need all the space I can get. I will be able to fit my camera and drinks in the tank bag.

George Harrison

Offline Trom100

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: Weston
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2013, 06:30:26 PM »
Berber - A stupid question from someone who has dropped many bikes over the years and thus is interested in anything to improve the situation.  When the bike dropped  was there no damage to the panniers or mirrors or handlebars? HW easy was it to pick up?

tweedy-bunch