Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Lawyers vs Engineers  (Read 1989 times)

Offline sungunr

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Arizona
Lawyers vs Engineers
« on: March 08, 2014, 04:20:20 am »
I'm sure many have read or heard this before, but it is funny...

The engineer found himself at the pearly gates. St. Peter looked him up in the book, and found that he was destined for the other place. The engineer protested that this must be a mistake, and that he had lived a righteous life, going to church every week, being faithful to his wife etc. to no avail. About 6 weeks later God reviews the lists and realizes that the engineer has been sent to the wrong place. So he rings up Lucifer and demands that the engineer be sent up. Lucifer says "NO WAY. This guy was the best thing to ever happen here. He's got the AC working, we have running water and cable now too, and next week he thinks we will get internet access and an ice cream machine." God is pissed and yelling says "I'll sue". Lucifer says "ya okay, but where are you going to get a lawyer?"
"That's bold talk from a one eyed fat man"

Offline DonTom

• Trophy Master
  • Don & Tom in Gulin, China
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TTSE & 9 others
  • City / Town: Auburn,CA or Reno,NV
Re: Lawyers vs Engineers
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 06:52:24 am »
And with the AC working so well, hell got so cold that the lawyers had their hands in their own pockets for a change!

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 Black BMW R75/5/* 1984 Red Yamaha Venture* 2002 Yellow Suzuki DR200SE* 2013 Blue Triumph Trophy SE*2016 Orange/Black Kaw Versy 650 LT*2016 Orange Moto Guzzi Stelvio* 2017 Gold/Black Harley FLTRU RoadGlide Ultra*2017 Zero 6.5DS* 2017 Zero SR13 w/Pwr Tank*2020 Energica SS9

Offline Verdun95

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
  • City / Town: by CDG Airport
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 08:05:08 am »
*Originally Posted by sungunr [+]
I'm sure many have read or heard this before, but it is funny...
Never heard it before but found it excellent; thanks
An old biker must be a good rider

Offline Bajagrngo

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE launch.
  • City / Town: Las Vegas
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 03:15:56 pm »
 Next time you get run over by a cager, call an engineer!  Tom Brennan Esq. :087:
Tom Brennan

Offline sungunr

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2014, 07:12:53 pm »
Personally if a car runs over me, I think I'll call a doctor if still able.... just saying... 

Offline sin_tiger

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE Lunar
  • City / Town: Maybole
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2014, 11:46:56 pm »
 :745: :745: :745:

I hope our friend W8d4it doesn't take ofence, I'm sure he has some engineering skills.

Offline sungunr

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2014, 02:45:20 am »
okay so we couldn't leave it alone...

In the United States, the nominal suffix "Esquire" or "Esq." generally designates individuals licensed to practice law.

In the United Kingdom, it was a title of respect accorded to men of higher social rank, but later came to be used as a general courtesy title for any man in a formal context, usually appended to the name as in "John Smith, Esq.", with no precise significance.  Esquire is cognate with the word squire, which originally meant an apprentice or assistant to a knight. The title "Esquire" has been used continuously since it was created in the late 14th century, and many uses continue today.  (Thank you Wiki).....

So I have to ask Tom, are you an attorney or an apprentice to a knight?  Just to clarify things for our UK friends?? :745: :745: :745: 

Sorry had to do this as my evening has become somewhat dull.

Offline sin_tiger

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE Lunar
  • City / Town: Maybole
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2014, 02:25:56 pm »
 :062: Touche, two nations divided by a common language indeed, interesting too.

So if we come across a US Lawyer wearing chainmail, how should we address him  :084: Hello Rusty  :038:

tweedy-bunch