Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Damn the weather  (Read 1003 times)

Offline Bludy L

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wayne Co, Ohio
Damn the weather
« on: March 09, 2014, 12:32:02 am »
In theory we are coming to the end of an unending winter, but I couldn't wait. I and two pals mounted our steeds and did a ride to Blouin Performance Center in Augusta, Maine for a grand total of about 200 miles. I tested a 2007 Tiger 1050 and Jim a Street Triple. The roads were mostly free of ice but there was a lot of water, sand, gravel and salt on them so we had to be cautious. Temperatures peaked at about 45°F and the skies were mostly clear. As we dressed for the day, it wasn't too bad except near the end as temperature began to plummet. We got home just in time as the water from the melting snow was beginning to turn to black ice.

It was a good day!
My mother asked what I wanted to be when I grew up. I said "a biker". She said I'd have to choose one or the other.

Offline sungunr

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Arizona
Re: Damn the weather
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 01:06:20 am »
My hat is off to you true riders from the northern areas.  I cannot imagine riding under some of the conditions you endure :047:.  Snow, ice, frigid temps, etc.  True dedication to the sport.
"That's bold talk from a one eyed fat man"

tweedy-bunch