Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Won't bluetooth pair with my phone.  (Read 3843 times)

Offline atvtinker

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Grand Cane, LA
Won't bluetooth pair with my phone.
« on: March 09, 2014, 12:52:30 am »
Got the chance to start putting some of the accessories on my bike and tried fooling around with the Bluetooth stuff. I could get my G4 to pair with the headset 1 but no sound would play through the helmet so I tried pairing it to the device 2. Everything worked then with the helmet, but for the life of me I can't get my Droid phone to pair to either spots, so I can't play the songs off my phone. :233: Haven't tried the usb port yet, but looks like I'm going to have to use that for my stored music. Does anyone know if you can you keep the files on a usb flash drive in folders or do you have to just mass store all of them and let them play through?
'09 Yamaha Grizzly 550
'14 Triumph Trophy SE

Online Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
Re: Won't bluetooth pair with my phone.
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 08:16:58 am »
Hi atvtinker,

I haven't got and don't use the Scala G4, but have you tried this :

Download the latest software for the G4 from Scala : Scala Rider G4 Software Upgrade

From the Trophy menu delete all previous Pairings to start afresh.

Pair the G4 to the Trophy as "HEADSET 1"

Provided your Mobile Phone has the correct Bluetooth Profile ( Version 2.1 + EDR )
you "should" be able to Pair it with the Trophy as "DEVICE 2"

Once done you can select the audio source sent by Bluetooth from the trophy to your G4 ( HEADSET 1 )
by use of the handlebar "M" button - the selected source will be displayed on the Instrument Panel.

Incoming Phone calls should then over-ride any music being played,
with options given on the Instrument Panel to Accept or Reject the call.

It is not possible to make calls via this setup.

If you cannot get your Android Phone to connect to the Trophy as "DEVICE 2"
then an alternative, if you have the Garmin Zumo660 Sat Nav installed,
with it's audio output hard wired into the Trophy Audio input connection,
then you could try Pairing your Android Phone with the Garmin,
which then uses it's Touch Screen interface to handle incoming and outgoing calls  :028:

Offline Sanctuary

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Underwater / S West
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 08:49:11 am »

The advice I had from the dealers when using the G4 and it worked was that if you have the Zummo 660 run (pair) the phone through this and only pair the headset (G4/G9) to the bike as the zummo is hardwired to the bike and it then all runs back through the headset.    :087:

Offline atvtinker

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 03:41:59 pm »
Coconut, I tried every way possible to pair my phone (which is an Motorola Droid Bionic) and some reason the bike nor my phone will recognize each other, but the phone and the Scala will sync. As far as the G4 on the helmet I have the latest software on it as I was using it pretty frequently when riding the Vision. I had put a Bluetooth dongle on the Vision to do the same thing as the Trophy should be able to do, but no sound would come out if I paired it with the headset 1 but it works with device 2. The phone deal is probably going to be a mute point in about 3 months anyway as I'm due for an upgrade and I will definitely not be getting another Droid phone. These things are horrible in reliability and the frigging thing is always updating all the apps all the time! And don't get me started about the battery life! :172: I don't use a Garmin. I still believe it is more fun to explore where you are going and ask around for directions if you get lost, this way you get to meet people you would normally not get to see. Although I have had a few smart a**es when it came to wrong directions, I just blow them off as just unsociable.
'09 Yamaha Grizzly 550
'14 Triumph Trophy SE

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2014, 06:56:41 pm »
I don't have a Scala, I use a Sena SMH10, but you may check this.  If the Scala is able to pair with 2 different sources, such as phone and separate MP3 etc. here's what occurs on mine sometimes.  When the helmet is paired with the phone and paired with the bike audio as if it's an MP3 (phone paired to helmet first, then helmet paired to bike with the phone Bluetooth off), sometimes I get phone operation when starting the bike and no audio from the stereo.  It takes (again on the Sena) activating the audio function to re-acquire the bike (not re-pairing, just acquiring the signal as if a phone call was made and the audio didn't come back).  On a Sena this is done by pushing the dial that is used for intercom and holding it in for a second and it will re-acquire the audio.  I'm not sure, but I would think the Cardo is also capable of pairing to different sources and should work this way.  Won't it be nice when all the Bluetooths play well with each other? 
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Online Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2014, 10:35:49 am »
atvtinker,

:431: - As mentioned, I don't use or know this Phone or Headset, and am unable to offer any further help.

Offline atvtinker

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2014, 11:07:41 am »
Well after a couple more attempts and no success, I decided to try pulling the fuse for the radio as was mentioned in another post. (Sorry for not mentioning who the original poster was, I've slept since then  :138:) BINGO! Everything paired like a charm. So what the heck is up with that? Now I'm like Phil Robertson from Duck Dynasty, "Happy, Happy, Happy!" I hope this is the only hiccup I have. Thanks a lot for all the help guys!  :152:
'09 Yamaha Grizzly 550
'14 Triumph Trophy SE

Online Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2014, 01:28:17 pm »
Great News  :152:

The tip for "resetting" the Audio is included in
Page 1 of the "HOW TO Check the most common faults & issues" topic,