Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: 2013 TTSE verses 2014  (Read 3954 times)

Offline av8or-dave

• Trophy Pro
  • Got Mine 8 OCT '18 - officially in the club now!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '17 TTSE & '82 SECA
  • City / Town: Liverpool
2013 TTSE verses 2014
« on: March 10, 2014, 05:07:07 am »
Does anyone know if there are any upgrades/improvements listed by Triumph between these two year models?

For instance:

Did they fix the non-back lighted handlebar controls?

Did they fix the Blue Tooth to heasset connectivity issues?

Seems like in this day of lightning fast internet communications, and market competition, they would have gotten wind of customer's dissatisfaction the first year (2013) in these two technical areas, and had the fixes on the street by the second year (2014)?

These things, and hoping for a nice RED color are probably the only three reasons thus far holding me back from buying a 2013 left over model at the local dealer (which probably has my drool stains on it now), and holding out to see what the 2014 offers (and some rain to wash the salt and sand away before taking a test ride).

I tried Chatting on-line with customer support and they couldn't, or wouldn't answer my question.  Also wouldn't tell me which dealers in Upstate NY are getting delivery of the 2014 models so I can go check them out - seems the closest two dealers to me have 2013's to unload first!  Just advised me to go look at those bikes.

OK- another thing giving me pause - CUSTOMER SERVICE, and I don't even own one yet.

Are you Triumph Customer Service GUYS/GALS LISTENING?  I know they monitor this board- or should be: if not then they deserve to have all the dealers fold because they aren't savy enough to compete in this market!

For example:

I asked the representative what the two rectangular slots, one located on the left side of the rider's seat, and the other on the right side of the passengers seat (approx. 1" x 1.5 inches with removable covers) are for.  I suspect the heated seat switches but wasn't sure, chatting with "ANNA S." she told me she wasn't sure because she's more of a cruiser girl- but thought they might be lauggage attachment points, because she couldn't see them!  Geez, don't they give these people any training about the bikes, or a least some basic technical data and tech drawings with call-outs to the features and parts so they can answer basic questions?  Chatting with her, you would have thought I was on a dating site and asking about the weather....instead of a highly engineered machine!  I asked her if Triumph was going to offer any other colors in the future?  She didn't know but suggested that I buy the local 2013 TTSE and have it painted RED. 

And the answer from the board members about those two slots is...?  Anyone, anyone...? - Beauller, Beuller...you out there?

Anyways, I wasn't even considering another bike to replace my 1982 Yamaha SECA 400 around town bike after sitting on the 2013 TTSE - but now probably look at BMWs, Hondas, Kawasaki, Yamaha....  If I can't get decent answers from the manufacturer, I'm looking elsewhere, and it's their fault!

So, anyone else on this board smarter than Triumph chat representative that has the informatiion (if it exists), I would appreciated it if you responded.

Thanks 
 :440:
Don't pick a fight with an old guy, because if he can't fight - he'll just kill you!

Offline DonTom

• Trophy Master
  • Don & Tom in Gulin, China
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TTSE & 9 others
  • City / Town: Auburn,CA or Reno,NV
Re: 2013 TTSE verses 2014
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 05:41:24 am »
*Originally Posted by av8or-dave [+]
Does anyone know if there are any upgrades/improvements listed by Triumph between these two year models?
AFAIK, there are no changes between the 2013 & 2014 models, other than the 2014 probably won't need as many recalls, if any. Same price, same colors, only stamps are different, AFAIK.

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 Black BMW R75/5/* 1984 Red Yamaha Venture* 2002 Yellow Suzuki DR200SE* 2013 Blue Triumph Trophy SE*2016 Orange/Black Kaw Versy 650 LT*2016 Orange Moto Guzzi Stelvio* 2017 Gold/Black Harley FLTRU RoadGlide Ultra*2017 Zero 6.5DS* 2017 Zero SR13 w/Pwr Tank*2020 Energica SS9

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 06:20:27 am »
No difference between the 2013 and 2014 models. The few gremlins that have appeared requiring recalls will obviously have been done.

You are right, the little cut outs to the left of the riders seat and right rear of the passenger seat are for the heated seat rocker switches.
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline sungunr

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Arizona
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2014, 11:29:16 pm »
Really a matter of the rider and not the bike.  If you don't like the 2013 you won't like the 2014 any better.  I bought the 2013 last month and another rider on the forum bought the 2014 in December (we happen to ride together some).  I could very easily get on his bike and ride off, if I did not know better.  Just no real difference. 

As far as service, its a matter of the dealer.  Same as cars, or stereos.  We happen to be lucky here, same dealer and salesman on our two bikes, family owned dealer, great service.  Funny, a person buys a bike with great service dept and can't stand the bike, and you've got boat anchor, conversely, get a bike you love with crappy service and most people will find a way to ride even if it means DIY.

You should get a better buy, (probably 2K worth), on the 2013 and use the residual funds to upgrade the 2013 with the heated seats, highway bars and pegs, and some electronics.  Or a really big party. :821:

I had been looking for more than a year to replace my BMW, and nothing was close until I rode the Trophy.  No bike is perfect but this is the best I found for my tastes.  YMMV..

Best of luck.
"That's bold talk from a one eyed fat man"

Offline kingoffleece

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Tiger 1050SE
  • City / Town: Western New York
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 09:47:10 pm »
Yes. Exactly. Fold the dealers.  The perfect solution.
No, the controls are not backlighted (yet).

Offline enGage

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy
  • City / Town: Grand Rapids
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 02:39:12 am »
In my conversations with Triumph there is no difference other than a few upgraded parts that will keep you out of the dealer's for recalls.  However, some of the early 2014 models suffer from the same recalls.  It's all a matter of VINs
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 12:21:44 pm by enGage »

Offline DonTom

• Trophy Master
  • Don & Tom in Gulin, China
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TTSE & 9 others
  • City / Town: Auburn,CA or Reno,NV
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2014, 04:13:54 am »
*Originally Posted by enGage [+]
In my conversations with Triumph there is no difference other than a few upgraded parts that week keep you out of the dealer's for recalls.  However, some of the early 2014 models suffer from the same recalls.  It's all a matter of VINs
Yes, the ECM recall came out in Jan of 2014. Most of the 2014 models were built in 2013 so still need the recalls.  However, the dealer might have already done them before they sell the bikes.

BTW, here in Reno, they are still trying to unload the 2013 TTSE's. No 2014's are here yet.

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 Black BMW R75/5/* 1984 Red Yamaha Venture* 2002 Yellow Suzuki DR200SE* 2013 Blue Triumph Trophy SE*2016 Orange/Black Kaw Versy 650 LT*2016 Orange Moto Guzzi Stelvio* 2017 Gold/Black Harley FLTRU RoadGlide Ultra*2017 Zero 6.5DS* 2017 Zero SR13 w/Pwr Tank*2020 Energica SS9