Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: AGC/AVC issue with ScalaRider G9.  (Read 1692 times)

Offline DonTom

• Trophy Master
  • Don & Tom in Gulin, China
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TTSE & 9 others
  • City / Town: Auburn,CA or Reno,NV
AGC/AVC issue with ScalaRider G9.
« on: March 10, 2014, 07:13:08 am »
Using my XM radio via bluetooth  with my Cardo ScalaRider G9 Powerset, I can barely hear it when the screen is up and the wind is quiet. When the screen is down, and it's very windy, my XM radio is loud enough to hurt my ears! There seems to be no way to turn the AGC off in the G9, which I think is rather stupid. It only has low-medium-high. No "off".

I have to adjust my XM radio Volume with my windscreen height! Down for loud, up for low volume.

I have fooled around with the AVC settings on the bike as well as the AGC settings on the G9. It seems I can make it a little louder with the screen up by keeping the AGC in the G9 to "high". I keep the AVC  "off" on the bike as I am using the G9. Still flaky. Still not loud enough with the windscreen up. Is there a better idea, or does everybody have this problem with the G9?

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 Black BMW R75/5/* 1984 Red Yamaha Venture* 2002 Yellow Suzuki DR200SE* 2013 Blue Triumph Trophy SE*2016 Orange/Black Kaw Versy 650 LT*2016 Orange Moto Guzzi Stelvio* 2017 Gold/Black Harley FLTRU RoadGlide Ultra*2017 Zero 6.5DS* 2017 Zero SR13 w/Pwr Tank*2020 Energica SS9

Offline av8or-dave

• Trophy Pro
  • Got Mine 8 OCT '18 - officially in the club now!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '17 TTSE & '82 SECA
  • City / Town: Liverpool
Re: AGC/AVC issue with ScalaRider G9.
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 04:58:45 am »
Well here's a bit of news concering the Cardo Scala 9 system I got directly from the company rep at Americade Raly at Lake George, NY a couple of weeks ago!  Their firmware for compatability with the Truimph Trophy is in the testing phase, and should be available for downloading/upgrade current devices in a couple of months...

So, let's hope that solves alot of problems Trophy/Scala users are having with the two systems.

My brother was having problems with his G4 Scala system and his bluetooth cellphone volume, after taking the reps advice to upgrade the firmware (free download software over the internet by plugging into a computer) his issues were solved...amazing what the upgraded software can do!

Maybe try that?
Don't pick a fight with an old guy, because if he can't fight - he'll just kill you!