Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: bluetooth headset  (Read 5063 times)

Offline mastertrophy

• Trophy Member
  • My new solo bike
    • View Profile
  • Bike: trophy 2014 se
  • City / Town: Hobe sound
bluetooth headset
« on: March 12, 2014, 03:08:08 pm »
Does anyone have a recoomendation for a bluetooth headset ..

Also will I be able to get my music from bike to it and phone .. new world for me .. coming from the wing world of bike

Offline atvtinker

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Grand Cane, LA
Re: bluetooth headset
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 03:22:21 pm »
I have the Scala G4 which is an older model but it works great so far. Had a little trouble pairing it at first. I have my phone paired to the bike through Device 2 and the G4 through Headset 1. I can listen to my music on my phone or the bike's audio and I can answer a call if one comes in, but I have to manually dial out to make a call. Hope this helps.
'09 Yamaha Grizzly 550
'14 Triumph Trophy SE

Offline DonTom

• Trophy Master
  • Don & Tom in Gulin, China
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TTSE & 9 others
  • City / Town: Auburn,CA or Reno,NV
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 03:38:33 pm »
*Originally Posted by atvtinker [+]
I have the Scala G4 which is an older model but it works great so far. Had a little trouble pairing it at first. I have my phone paired to the bike through Device 2 and the G4 through Headset 1. I can listen to my music on my phone or the bike's audio and I can answer a call if one comes in, but I have to manually dial out to make a call. Hope this helps.
Do you also have the problem that you have to adjust your volume with the windscreen because of the ALC action? My G9 is very loud with the windscreen down but very low with the windscreen up, with the G9 volume on max.  I have the TTSE AVC off and the G9 AGC on high (I wish it could turn off). How about with yours?

-Don-  Reno, NV

1971 Black BMW R75/5/* 1984 Red Yamaha Venture* 2002 Yellow Suzuki DR200SE* 2013 Blue Triumph Trophy SE*2016 Orange/Black Kaw Versy 650 LT*2016 Orange Moto Guzzi Stelvio* 2017 Gold/Black Harley FLTRU RoadGlide Ultra*2017 Zero 6.5DS* 2017 Zero SR13 w/Pwr Tank*2020 Energica SS9

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 03:39:59 pm »
Sena with version 5.0 will pair with a phone and the bike's audio separately and allow for voice dialing and auto or manual answering.  That leaves Device 2 on the bike to be paired with anything you wish that has BT.  You still have intercom for a passenger or another rider(s), and now it will pair with other brands as well.  See Sena's website for more details and all the mounting options.  Works well for me.
Ride Safe
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline atvtinker

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 05:56:50 pm »
DonTom, I have not had the problem you describe with the AGC on the G4, but mine does have the option of being able to turn off the AGC. Have you tried putting your mike closer to the bottom of your helmet so that the AGC will work a little better since you can't turn yours off? Also, is your mike the flat type or the little spear type under the cover? If you have the flat type turned the wrong way, it can't hear the ambient sounds as well and might be causing you the problems. I know the old Scala Cardo I had did that once. If you pull the foam cover, you can see which side is the actual mike. The other side just has a hole in the middle.

Trophied, I can pair mine like yours, but since my brother and I ride together mostly and we both have the G4 I rathered keep the G4s synced together on its other channel so we can talk to each other. Tried doing it the other way last year and everytime I would get a call I couldn't get the music back to playing or syncing back up to my brother without physically pushing a button on the side of the G4. Very annoying when you are in traffic and you are trying warn the other about impending danger.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 05:58:42 pm by atvtinker »
'09 Yamaha Grizzly 550
'14 Triumph Trophy SE

Offline DonTom

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2014, 06:04:23 pm »
DonTom, I have not had the problem you describe with the AGC on the G4, but mine does have the option of being able to turn off the AGC. Have you tried putting your mike closer to the bottom of your helmet so that the AGC will work a little better since you can't turn yours off?
It uses that mic for the AGC? IOW, if I can get more wind noise into that mic, it will go louder? I didn't think it used that mic when I was listening to the XM radio as I tried screaming into it and it made no difference to the volume. But maybe it's more tuned for wind noise, so I will give that a try.

But I think my Nolan full face helmet might be too quiet. But you gave me some ideas, thanks.

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 Black BMW R75/5/* 1984 Red Yamaha Venture* 2002 Yellow Suzuki DR200SE* 2013 Blue Triumph Trophy SE*2016 Orange/Black Kaw Versy 650 LT*2016 Orange Moto Guzzi Stelvio* 2017 Gold/Black Harley FLTRU RoadGlide Ultra*2017 Zero 6.5DS* 2017 Zero SR13 w/Pwr Tank*2020 Energica SS9

Offline atvtinker

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2014, 06:08:31 pm »
DonTom, I just realized I read your question backwards. It seems like your are getting too much ambient noise and the reason the big volume changes. I'd try switching you AGC to medium or even low and move your mike further in on your helmet to get out of some noise that is coming in under your helmet. I have mine set to medium, but I also don't have the volume up all the way. It's amazing how quiet my helmet gets now when I raise the windshield on this bike compared to the Vision I had.
'09 Yamaha Grizzly 550
'14 Triumph Trophy SE

Offline DonTom

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2014, 06:18:27 pm »
DonTom, I just realized I read your question backwards. It seems like your are getting too much ambient noise and the reason the big volume changes. I'd try switching you AGC to medium or even low and move your mike further in on your helmet to get out of some noise that is coming in under your helmet. I have mine set to medium, but I also don't have the volume up all the way. It's amazing how quiet my helmet gets now when I raise the windshield on this bike compared to the Vision I had.
Low made it a lot worse. The instructions say use high if you want louder volume at lower speeds (less noise). The terms "high" and "low" are silly when it comes to setting AVC because they can mean the opposite things to different people. Kinda like upload and download <g>. AVC can work starting with max volume with the AVC bringing volume  down or start with minimum volume and have the AVC  bring the volume up. So terms "high" and "low" can mean anything when it comes to AVC settings. But what I really want is plain AVC off, which is an option the G9 does not have. So I have to fool around with it.

-Don-  Reno, NV

tweedy-bunch