Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Fuel filter replacement @ 500 miles?  (Read 1545 times)

Offline afterburner

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 triumph trophy
  • City / Town: long beach, ca
Fuel filter replacement @ 500 miles?
« on: February 19, 2013, 01:05:32 AM »
ok, i have 470 miles. if this machine weren't such a new model, i'd do the 500 mile service myself.
owners handbook states that the fuel filter has to be replaced. where is it?
even the the dealer service guys had questions regarding the ff r/r.
otherwise had no problems with the bike. i'm a satisfied buyer. took it to mulholland hwy yesterday. lots of cops giving tickets as usual. gotta get used to leaning this thing in the corners. the size of it kinda fks with your head. it corners like a sportbike.the tires really grip. you can feel how soft they are.  i traded in a 2011 gsxr 750 for my trophy. i didn't have a race track.i don't really know how they can make this  bike better, more than sufficient power, i leave it in comfort on the suspension setting. i think the normal setting is pretty stiff. unless you're doing a lot of curves. there's a litlle bit of buffetting when you're lookin over the screen, but nothing like my hd street bob with a windshield, that gives you double vision.
i'm thinking that i purchased the first trophy in southern cal. this is my first triumph, anyone recommend a good triumph service shop in southern cal?

Offline clarge

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Qualicum Beach
Re: Fuel filter replacement @ 500 miles?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 03:30:55 AM »
Unless you are running dirty fuel there is not really any need to change the filter. Filter is mostly in the tank so it is a bit of work to do that. Last bike had 80k on it and still original filter as to much work to replace. Book stated 40k for filter change. So I can't see a 500 ml change.

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hoyland
Re: Fuel filter replacement @ 500 miles?
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 05:45:48 PM »
I would think that unless you are unfortunate to pick up some really shi!!y fuel the filter may last the life time of the bike. I think someboy is trying to have your pants down :192:
Ride long & prosper.
Live to ride. Ride int rain.

tweedy-bunch