Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Chattery rattley noise in the engine at low rpm  (Read 1794 times)

Offline PQB

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Atlanta
Chattery rattley noise in the engine at low rpm
« on: March 12, 2014, 06:24:12 pm »
is directly attributable to/caused by __________ and I (a) should run down to the dealer to fix it; (b) cross my fingers and hope it's nothing serious; or (c) get used to it.  Thanks.  P

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
Re: Chattery rattley noise in the engine at low rpm
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 06:54:21 pm »
Has this bike had the Engine Upgrade recall done with the replacement cylinder head and cam chain tensioner?

If not I suspect it needs it. Take it to your dealer and demonstrate the noise to them and they can book it in for the recall.

Look here for all the history!
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline DonTom

• Trophy Master
  • Don & Tom in Gulin, China
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TTSE & 9 others
  • City / Town: Auburn,CA or Reno,NV
Re: Chattery rattley noise in the engine at low rpm
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 12:04:56 am »
*Originally Posted by PQB [+]
is directly attributable to/caused by __________ and I (a) should run down to the dealer to fix it; (b) cross my fingers and hope it's nothing serious; or (c) get used to it.  Thanks.  P
See the engine noise TSB here.

-Don- Reno, NV
1971 Black BMW R75/5/* 1984 Red Yamaha Venture* 2002 Yellow Suzuki DR200SE* 2013 Blue Triumph Trophy SE*2016 Orange/Black Kaw Versy 650 LT*2016 Orange Moto Guzzi Stelvio* 2017 Gold/Black Harley FLTRU RoadGlide Ultra*2017 Zero 6.5DS* 2017 Zero SR13 w/Pwr Tank*2020 Energica SS9

tweedy-bunch