Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: TES - preload regulation stuks  (Read 1548 times)

Offline Harlock

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Torino
TES - preload regulation stuks
« on: March 13, 2014, 09:31:50 am »
Hi!

After 18.000 the TES of my bike has become "unstable". Sometimes preload regulation simply "stuks". I have to switch off ingnition, turn the key in on position with engine off, wait for the first regulation (the one performed with engine off), then I switch on the engine. The TES preload regulation start, and if I'm luck, it fix the problem; if I'm not lucky it stuck once again, and I've to re-start the procedure again and again till the regulation stops failing.

The dealer checked the bike, and they accepted warranty, changing completely rear shock absorber regulation system... but... surprise surprise!... The problem is still there!!! :157:

Even the "comfort"/"normal"/"sport" regulation have a strange behavior: when I change from any set to whatever that is not "normal", I can see the yellow light flashing for a second, and I can feel the changes in bike behavior... However, if I change from any setting back to "normal"... more or less 3 times every 4 attempts, I cannot see the light and I cannot feel any changes until I do not stop... for example at the traffic light... When I stop the message "Regolazione TES completata" ("TES Regulation completed"... more or less) appears... and then I can feel the change.

We cannot understand what could be the causes of malfunctions... the only think that I did on the bike were: ECU recall + tires changed, mounting PR4 instead of Pirelli Angel. New ECU problem? Or maybe the PR4, having a difference shape if compared to Pirelli, make TES going bananas? This last hypothesis seams to me really implausible, because it could means that TES regulates shock with no tolerances... and surely differences in tires models shapes generate less differences then the difference of weights of the drivers!

:440: Please, can anybody help me?  :440:
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 09:54:11 am by Harlock »

Offline nert

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hopewell, NJ
Re: TES - preload regulation stuks
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 10:57:27 am »
My TES stuck 3,000 miles ago and is still stuck. I did not receive the ECM update.  My bike is at the dealer now, for the TES, ECM, center stand recall, and the cylinder head recall. The Norton fired right up with about 6 kicks. It's been sitting still for about  8 months. That is my ride for now.

Offline Harlock

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Torino
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 06:15:33 pm »
 :431:

I''m really sorry for this... but maybe this time (cross fingers!!!) we could be more lucky.

This morning the mechanic of my dealer called me because he had an "illumination": "And what about a problem in the TES Control Unit?". It seams that TES has a Control Unit that is independent from ECU. He proposed to me an experimet: changing the TES Control Unit of my bike with the control unit of another Trophy in his shop. When he dismatled the Control Unit... we found a fissure in the silicone connection between the cable and the Control Unit itself. It seam that humidity filtered inside, compromising any now and then the regular work of the Control Unit. Till now everythink worked properly (cross fingers once again!!!!). In next days I'll let you know if we finally got it!!

Offline Briang1234

• Non Active
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy
  • City / Town: Milwaukie, Or.
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014, 06:54:10 pm »
Made in Looeyville Kentucky  :005:
Brian
I have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about.
Riding the Northwet