Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Got me a Trophy  (Read 4099 times)

Offline Curvin

• Trophy Junior
  • A reason is just an attempt at a logical excuse.
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Washington
Got me a Trophy
« on: March 14, 2014, 03:58:22 am »
Hey everyone. Iím new here. I figured I might as well give a bit of background about myself (without giving too much info Ė this is the interweb after all).
Iím a first time Triumph owner. So far, damn excited to be riding one. I went and got myself a 2013 Trophy SE. Love it!
Iíve been riding bikes since I built my first one at 19 years old. It was a pieced together rat bike, but it was my first one, and I built it. In fact, I built 3 of the 7 Harleys Iíve owned.
Yep, Iím a Harley rider. Always have been. Iíve never ridden anything else in 25 years. Never wanted toÖ Until now!
I have read extensively about the Trophy SE. Articles, test rides, reviews, forums, etc. The more I read about it, the more I wanted to give one a test ride. But hey, Iím a Harley rider. Why do that?
Then I did. After an hour of tormenting the thing, trying to see if it wasnít going to be able to impress me, it kept doing just that, it impressed the hell out of me!
Needless to say, I went back to the dealer, worked out a deal, and after 25 years of riding Harleys, I no longer own one.
Yes, I still like themÖ A LOT. But as of now, I am a proud Triumph Trophy SE rider and will be for a very long time. Harley will now be my secondary bikeÖ a bar hopper chopper, which I plan to build after a while.
Iíve rambled enough Iím sure. But one last thingÖ EVERYONE that knows me asks, ďWhy did you switch to the Triumph?Ē My answer is quite simple, and I tell everyone the same thingÖ ďAfter riding the Trophy, I never knew how difficult it really was to ride a Harley!Ē
Cheers!!!

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
Re: Got me a Trophy
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 04:12:47 am »
Welcome to the Forum :400: you won't be surprised to hear a forty year Triumph rider say "wise switch"
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014, 06:19:50 am »
Hi curvin and welcome to the gang!
 :400:
You won't regret your choice and joining this forums a perfect compliment to it. Lots of great people in here full of help and advice where needed!
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline Verdun95

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
  • City / Town: by CDG Airport
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2014, 07:55:46 am »
welcome aboard  :821: wish you as much pleasure on the Trophy as you might ever have on Harleys
An old biker must be a good rider

Offline threeup

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE - Black
  • City / Town: Nantwich
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2014, 08:16:00 am »
Good to have you aboard   :401:
Now got Black TTSE
Used to have Pre-Launch Trophy - lowest recorded Trophy VIN
Why Threeup? Me, SWMBO and her bear (Fredbear)

Offline Stoney

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 & '17 TT SE
  • City / Town: Simi Valley, Ca
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2014, 09:31:52 am »
Welcome to a great group of folks!  You're gonna like the new bike even more as you rack up the miles!

:401:
STONEY

Offline afterburner

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 triumph trophy
  • City / Town: long beach, ca
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2014, 02:16:27 pm »
Welcome Curvin:
Your comment about Harleys being hard to ride, my sentiments exactly.  I still have and was riding a harley street bob before getting my trophy.  After I got the trophy, my harley became a paper weight in the garage. After a month and a half of riding the trophy everyday, I get back on my harley and come to the realization of what a chore it is to ride. On the freeway, I even got nervous. I was even wondering why the DOT let's harley sell these things.
However it's still fun to ride locally, even on an overnight trip. But I can never take it on long multi day trips anymore. There's just no substitute for the trophy on long adventures. A satellite radio subscription is a must on the long journeys.

Online trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2014, 02:51:33 pm »
 :821: and welcome to the forum.
Ride Safe
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

tweedy-bunch