Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Another Group Buy Opportunity!  (Read 8569 times)

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
Another Group Buy Opportunity!
« on: March 14, 2014, 05:02:23 pm »
Hi All,

We all know that the Trophy is a big beast and not the easiest to handle pushing around in the confines of a garage.

I prefer to turn the bike round so that I can ride straight out of my garage rather than try and paddle backwards down the drive by the side of the cars.

I have been searching for a solution and have found these products which look very good quality and perfect for the task.

I already have something very similar to the Motoboy I but without the single foot operated brake. It is good but because of the extra height of the platform it takes A LOT of effort to get the bike up onto the centre stand.

The Motoboy II looks a very good option, see a link to a video

http://youtu.be/UgyQkJF8dXg

This looks versatile being usable with bikes that do not have a centre stand. The one drawback with this trolley for something as big as the Trophy is the space it would take up cranked over on one side.

The Motoboy III looks a much better option dropping the plate flat to the floor so the centre stand can go down before lifting the bike up with the lever and then rolling the bike round

http://youtu.be/9vw4KwOHy8E

All the products look great but are a little pricey. I have spoken to the dealer and if I can get 10 or more people interested in a group buy he will give us 10% off the cost. Shipping will be at normal price, no discount.

He says that to do this I would have to set up an account with them and effectively become a dealer. People can pay me, probably with PayPal and supply me with delivery addresses and then I buy them all together and get them shipped direct to you!

I can understand people might be wary of that method but Paypal would afford you protection and some of you have met me and hopefully see me as genuine. Just trying to help us all out!  :001:

Please can you indicate to me in here if you are interested and if we can get more than 10 of us I can sort it out.

All the best,

Kevin

Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline DonTom

• Trophy Master
  • Don & Tom in Gulin, China
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TTSE & 9 others
  • City / Town: Auburn,CA or Reno,NV
Re: Another Group Buy Opportunity!
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 05:43:37 pm »
Here in the USA, it only costs $80.00 USA dollars. I might pick myself up one today and see how I like it. There is a HFT here in Reno.

See here.

-Don-
1971 Black BMW R75/5/* 1984 Red Yamaha Venture* 2002 Yellow Suzuki DR200SE* 2013 Blue Triumph Trophy SE*2016 Orange/Black Kaw Versy 650 LT*2016 Orange Moto Guzzi Stelvio* 2017 Gold/Black Harley FLTRU RoadGlide Ultra*2017 Zero 6.5DS* 2017 Zero SR13 w/Pwr Tank*2020 Energica SS9

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014, 05:47:25 pm »
Bloomin' heck!!! That is a lot cheaper!.... I wonder how much freight and customs would cost me though... I will do some research!

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2014, 05:55:57 pm »
Right.... forget it.... they are having a laugh!!!

Can find the Motoboy II at Machine Mart for £84

Glad I didn't order it last night! LOL
 :008:

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2014, 06:15:54 pm »
Its a shame really.... I really wanted the Motoboy III so it sits more upright on the centre stand as that takes up less of my garage but I can't find anything like that anywhere else... If anyone finds anything like it give me a shout!

Offline Briang1234

• Non Active
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy
  • City / Town: Milwaukie, Or.
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2014, 06:21:52 pm »
Watch what you buy from Harbor freight....Im just sayin....You get what you pay for. An $19,000.00 bike on its side in the garage to save $50.00 isnt a great deal. Iown a HF lift, and no way will I lift the Trophy on it.
Brian
I have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about.
Riding the Northwet

Offline DonTom

• Trophy Master
  • Don & Tom in Gulin, China
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TTSE & 9 others
  • City / Town: Auburn,CA or Reno,NV
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2014, 06:38:02 pm »
*Originally Posted by Briang1234 [+]
Watch what you buy from Harbor freight....Im just sayin....You get what you pay for. An $19,000.00 bike on its side in the garage to save $50.00 isnt a great deal. I own a HF lift, and no way will I lift the Trophy on it.
I own a HFT lift and I even had my heavier 1984 Venture on it (after cutting a slice out of a hockey puck so it will fit under a centerstand bracket). I have had fairly good luck with China Tools (HFT) stuff.

Perhaps the lift won't work with a TTSE with the fairing on. I have not tried the HFT lift on the TTSE yet, or even took a good look to see if it might work.

But I might pick up that HFT cycle dolly today and see how it works with the TTSE. I will report back here when I have it all together and try using it. I think I will find it handy for my TTSE as the TTSE is in the way of cars as well as my other bikes.

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 Black BMW R75/5/* 1984 Red Yamaha Venture* 2002 Yellow Suzuki DR200SE* 2013 Blue Triumph Trophy SE*2016 Orange/Black Kaw Versy 650 LT*2016 Orange Moto Guzzi Stelvio* 2017 Gold/Black Harley FLTRU RoadGlide Ultra*2017 Zero 6.5DS* 2017 Zero SR13 w/Pwr Tank*2020 Energica SS9

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2014, 06:38:31 pm »
Well there is certainly truth in the old adage "you get what you pay for!"

But I also don't want to fall for "there's one born every minute!"

tweedy-bunch