Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Just joining  (Read 2992 times)

Offline RB1

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Calgary
Just joining
« on: February 20, 2013, 09:22:58 PM »
Howdy from Calgary, waiting for the snow to clear, picking up the Trophy in March, looking forward to an inaugural trip to Alaska in the spring.

Offline Simons Trophy

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue Trophy
  • City / Town: Melbourne
Re: Just joining
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 11:17:32 AM »
Hi,
My wife and I picked up a bike in Vancouver and rode through Whistler Jasper Banff down to Waterton then did the Going to the Sun Road, Beartooth Pass & Cheif Joseph Hwy. We have never seen scenery like it, just so big and so very beautiful. Your a lucky guy having that on your doorstep the only downside being the amount of time you can get out there I suppose. A ride to Alaska sounds great.

Simon
Simon

Offline RB1

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 06:09:25 AM »
Simon, that was a pretty good trip. What time of year? I tend to shoot for June or September when the schools are still in and the RV's aren't yet out in full force.

Offline Dave Cliff

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200 (2013)
  • City / Town: Stroud
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 03:53:26 PM »
Went for a test ride at Fowler's in Bristol yesterday. Currently have a Honda ST1100 which I love, but it's 13 years old and I must move on! Was delighted with the Trophy and have ordered a standard silver model which I pick up 2 weeks today. Happy days!

Offline Charlien

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 09:26:29 AM »
Hi everyone, I have just joined up and became the proud owner of a new SE on Friday. I have a Triumph Storm 1700cc that I also ride with high flow exhausts, sports air filter and remap, I thought that that was a big bike until I road the Trophy.
To my shame :034: I road the new just 14 miles from the dealers into the garage where I live and "Tried to park the bike" !! Easy everyone can park a bike can't they ??
Not me it would seem, I stopped and thought that I have put down the side stand, only to find that it was not down and before I knew what was going on the new bike was on the floor. I have never done something this stupid before, but strangely was quite shaken up by it.
I tried to lift the bike and walk it up but that did not work and thinking ..... what am I going to do next I managed to get help and soon put the bike on the stand, luckily for me the nearside box and top box were scratched and nothing else, I have ordered new lids for both and have taken them off the bike meanwhile.

Has anyone else had stupid stuff like this happen?? :187:

Offline Simons Trophy

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 06:31:16 AM »
Hi RB1,
We did our trip in August and had brilliant weather. 1 hail storm on the Icefields Parkway so pulled into Saskatchewan Crossing Roadhouse had lunch for an hour then continued on to Jasper bathed in sunshine. My wife put wets on 15 minutes before the hail storm but me knowing best didn't bother.  :005: I had dried out by the time we got to Jasper!
I felt sorry for a guy out from Calgary in his Cobra for the day who said the storm wasn't forecast.
Poor guy and his car were drenched.
We are thinking next year about starting in Colorado and riding up, maybe even going to Alaska. Haven't looked at routes yet. We had such a great trip we need to come back 1 more time.
Is September still okay for weather?
Simon

Offline Simons Trophy

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2013, 06:47:33 AM »
Hi Charlie,
No never had anything that stupid happen to me.  :110:
Seriously feel for you must have had a big sick feeling when it went down. I have a Thunderbird too and took a Trophy out for a day. I found the Trophy easier to maneuvre than the Bird, not that I find the Bird difficult.
I must admit I had a Harley Road Glide in Canada for 3 weeks so anything after that is pretty easy. 400 kgs plus passenger and luggage. Fine while your cruising along but frickin heavy when you stop, was petrified of dropping it for the first 2 days then I got used to it.
My Bird is now up for sale, thats how much I enjoyed the Trophy.
Simon

Offline RB1

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2013, 04:41:08 AM »
Simon,
September's typically a great month for trips. Interesting you mention Alaska. Going to do a round trip, Calgary/Fairbanks and points in between, toward the end of May/early June. Should be about 8,200 km/10days.

tweedy-bunch