Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Ride magazine survey  (Read 4657 times)

Offline madshep

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Boston, Lincolnshire
Ride magazine survey
« on: March 17, 2014, 11:08:56 am »
I subscribe to 'RIDE' magazine, and the new issue dropped onto my mat on Saturday.

Their annual 'Rider power' survey results were published in this issue .......................... our beloved bike is only number 50!!!
 :435:

Offline john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: sprint1050 tiger955
  • City / Town: Farndon
Re: Ride magazine survey
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 11:18:56 am »
But the engine (in a Tiger) is number one overall????  :152:

Offline terrytriumphgt1050

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Lytham St Annes
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 03:54:29 pm »
Wouldn't life be boring if we just bought the bike that was top of the survey? That's why we go our own way and don't follow the crowd and buy a BMW.  :152:
People who wear ties tell lies.

Offline madshep

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Boston, Lincolnshire
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 04:21:14 pm »
*Originally Posted by terrytriumphgt1050 [+]
Wouldn't life be boring if we just bought the bike that was top of the survey? That's why we go our own way and don't follow the crowd and buy a BMW.  :152:

But the survey is taken by owners of various bikes who have to give each element of the bike and it's ownership a score.

That means that a lot of owners can't have scored it very highly!

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2014, 04:47:29 pm »
My Triumph Sprint GT was marked down quite a bit on most surveys, yet it was one of the best bikes I've ever owned (next to the Trophy) I always treat surveys like statistics, they make a good read but that's about it. Even most of my BMW owning mates wouldn't go near a BMW without a warranty attached to the sale as you can almost guarantee that you will need it and yet BMW are consistently on top of the survey? I suppose it's  all down to the experience of ownership, be it the way the Triumph dealership treat you to the way the that problems are resolved and how reliable the bike is. My Gt never let me down, it's one of the reasons I again went for a Triumph is spite of pier pressure to go the BMW route, time will tell if I have made the right choice but for the moment I'm loving the Trophy.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 04:56:38 pm by terrytriumphgt1050 »

Offline Binnsyboy

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy se
  • City / Town: Selby
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2014, 04:49:16 pm »
 Maybe not many took the survey cos they were too busy enjoying riding their bike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2014, 04:58:01 pm »
*Originally Posted by Binnsyboy [+]
Maybe not many took the survey cos they were too busy enjoying riding their bike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well said, would rather be riding the bike than writing about it, I'm off for a spin then.

Offline patches

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: PNW
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2014, 05:46:24 pm »
Even most of my BMW owning mates wouldn't go near a BMW without a warranty attached to the sale as you can almost guarantee that you will need it and yet BMW are consistently on top of the survey?

I will second that.  I likely would have gotten a BMW K1300GT instead of the Trophy but all the ones I could find were out of warranty.  The nicest one I saw had been traded in just as the warranty expired.

tweedy-bunch