Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: First service  (Read 1944 times)

Offline terrytriumphgt1050

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Lytham St Annes
First service
« on: March 17, 2014, 03:50:39 pm »
Just had my 500 miles service after picking up my new bike 17 days ago, still back order for the adventure bars but all extras now fitted and working. Still cost £43.85 in parts but man hours are free. Time to open up the revs a bit and see what she's got. :046:
People who wear ties tell lies.

Offline sungunr

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Arizona
Re: First service
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 10:40:19 pm »
Sounds like a bargain.   Hmm.  I had mine done and it was $250+ in US with labor being the majority.  Did I get attached to another object by an inclined plane, wrapped helically about an axis?  Anyone else in the US pay for labor on the first service? 

The bike is great though be it $250 or $72.95, but the Scot in me can't stand the idea of paying more than .02 cents more than necessary. 

This will keep me up for days...... :233:
"That's bold talk from a one eyed fat man"

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 08:40:04 pm »
First service at my dealer is free.  They do the break-in service on everything they sell for free, BMW's too.  I've never been charged more than I thought was reasonable for any service there, and at times they have charged me less than I expected.  My ECU recall took less than 2-1/2 hours by the way.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline RickH

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Park City
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 08:45:32 pm »
*Originally Posted by Trophied [+]
First service at my dealer is free.  They do the break-in service on everything they sell for free, BMW's too.  I've never been charged more than I thought was reasonable for any service there, and at times they have charged me less than I expected.

I like my dealer but yours sounds most amazing! I've never been in and out for less than a few hundred, though always prompt, courtesy service, clean your bike, etc... always feels top-notch, but you do pay (they do need to make a living too).

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 08:52:36 pm »
Any dealer that has earned your confidence also needs your loyalty AND your money when you need something.  I've dealt with several dealers and been in a lot of them and finding an exceptional one is a joy and seems like maybe even a rarity.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies