Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: VStream Windshields  (Read 11437 times)

Offline 2wheeler

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
VStream Windshields
« on: March 17, 2014, 09:18:19 pm »
For those who are looking for another option for better wind protection, VStream has added the Trophy to its list. The VStream is supposed to push the vortex further away from the upper body and apparently from the pillion too, which interests me especially. Website:

http://shop.nationalcycle.com/perl/cycle/results2.html?search_model=tr-024

Offline Ernest T

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Salado, Texas
Re: VStream Windshields
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 11:13:50 pm »
How do you get to the dimensions?

Offline 1150newguy

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 02:17:35 am »
*Originally Posted by Ernest T [+]
How do you get to the dimensions?

Go to the website and click on the small icon in the box to the left of the windshield. The icon looks like a small envelope. It will bring up a photo, description, and a drawing showing the dimensions.

Offline 2wheeler

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 05:13:00 pm »
I am thinking of getting the VStream windshield, but before I do, I was wondering if anyone has had any of these units on their former bikes. I am particularly interested in the buffeting for the passenger, and the shape of the upper part of the VStream does look like it would send the buffeting further away from the passenger… but does it actually do that? There are many testimonials from customers, but I would like the opinion of forum members which give actual, frank assessments. There are three models available from VStream for the Trophy with actual measurements:

Sport: http://shop.nationalcycle.com/perl/cycle/N20606   (light tint)

Sport Touring: http://shop.nationalcycle.com/perl/cycle/N20607

Touring: http://shop.nationalcycle.com/perl/cycle/N20608

The touring windshield is the same length as the larger touring Trophy windshield but the width is much wider

If you have had a VStream product, I would be very interested in your opinion. If there are any aero space engineers, please send your best guess. Every thought will help.

Offline Greygoose

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 trophy se
  • City / Town: Cincinnati
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2016, 06:38:28 pm »
I had a v stream on my Fjr for the last 8 years. I did a much better job with buffeting than the stock shield. Every bike is different though, and given each persons individual dimensions, it's hard to tell how a particular shield will interact with machine and rider until it's given a try. I'm currently looking at the sport v stream for the trophy since I'm vertically challenged, but need to wait until Baldwin returns my seat to see if the sport shield is my best bet. Bottom line: very good chance that this will be a big improvement over the stock piece.

Greygoose

Offline 2wheeler

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2016, 12:42:43 am »
Thanks for the info Greygoose. I'll be watching for your review with the Trophy.

Online tdragger

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Fredericksburg
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2016, 02:57:22 am »
The Vstream was my first mod to the Trophy.  Makes a huge difference.  Got the tall one and it performs quite well in the rain.  It makes an already good rain bike better.
-------------------------------------
06 Triumph Rocket III
15 Triumph Trophy SE

IBA #609 (formerly 42146)

Offline Greygoose

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 trophy se
  • City / Town: Cincinnati
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2016, 03:57:18 am »
 :182:
*Originally Posted by 2wheeler [+]
Thanks for the info Greygoose. I'll be watching for your review with the Trophy.

I'm a little gun shy on this purchase since the sport shield is so short.  The plus side is that the trophy has an incredible amount of movement for it shield, but I'm just not sure how well the short shield will perform if it's moved that much distance From the fairing.  I tend to ride with a lot of wind protection secondary to wind noise.  So I want to ride with the shield up to the point where I can still look over it, but like the ability to go high if I'm just on a long highway run and looking to reduce noise Significantly.  The sport touring version of the V stream looks to be about the same size as the stock shield. Where the sports shield is approximately 4 inches below that.  That's a pretty significant size differential and I haven't heard from anyone who has used the sport shield. Time will tell  once the new seat arrives. I'll be posting pics of this new Baldwin seat as soon as the weather improves here in Ohio  and hopefully be able to do a review of the sports shield when the rubber hits the road.

Greygoose