Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Test Ride Deposit Down  (Read 3624 times)

Offline Simons Trophy

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue Trophy
  • City / Town: Melbourne
Test Ride Deposit Down
« on: February 22, 2013, 06:29:53 AM »
Took 1 out for the day. 26 degrees celsius, clear blue sky and yes I have a great dealer who let me do that but probably knew what the result would be.
Loved everything about the Trophy, it really is a brilliant bike to ride and so comfy.
Put a deposit down today on a blue 1.  :046:
Now for the wait but that gives me time to sell my Thunderbird.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 06:35:54 AM by Simontbird »
Simon

Offline Glenk69

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
Re: Test Ride Deposit Down
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 07:58:04 AM »
Congrats Simon I know for sure you will love it.  I am currently down at Phillip Island for the World Superbikes and rode a solid 11 hours on the Trophy today.  I left Canberra at 8.00am this morning and headed south across the Snowy Mountains through Cooma, Bombala and down to Cann River and then west to Phillip Island.  Some of the best riding anywhere.  Throughout the entire 11 hours the Trophy didn't miss a beat.  It handled the twisties in the Snowie's like a bike half its size and ate up the straights with ease.  I am not sore in any area but I must admit I am tired.  When you get the bike and settle her in I recommend the Canberra to Cann River to Lakes Entrance ride if you are not already familiar with it.

Offline Simons Trophy

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 08:28:25 AM »
Thanks Glen I have done a bit of riding around that area but not up to Canberra so will put it on the list.
Simon

Offline Blue_Thunder2

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Thunderbird1600
  • City / Town: Tulsa
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2013, 10:07:31 PM »
Ha. Caught you Simon. I came over from the Thunderbird forum. I am PES over there.  The Trophy's are pretty scarce in the US.  At this moment there are none in OK. I even called Wichita , KS and they had one coming in to inventory but they never called me back, I guessing they sold it. I'm looking forward to at least getting a look at one. :003:   
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 10:25:18 PM by Blue_Thunder »

Offline Simons Trophy

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 09:06:31 AM »
Yes you did! I have been checking out the Trophy for awhile and had to wait a few weeks for a test ride. There are 25 blue ones coming to Aus in March and of those there are only 7 left. 1 is labelled Simon :046:
They are rare here and people are lining up for test rides. After 5 minutes I knew this was the bike for me and so much fun in the twistys. Completely different bike to the Bird in every way. I think Triumph have underestimated the broad appeal of the Trophy, I also think there will be a few Thunderbirds up for sale.
The Bird has been great fun but the Trophy is really something else. Look forward to your thoughts when you get a ride on 1.
Simon

Offline kgerry

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 04:24:35 PM »
personally, i think it looks much better with the panniers on....

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hoyland
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2013, 06:00:14 PM »
Nice one Simon

The Triumph guys didn't expect the Trophy to have such a big impact in the touring world :114:

I think the build program will be going out the window if the demand carries on the way it is :028:

If you enjoy yours half as much as I do mine  :152: theirs a very large treat heading your way.

Enjoy and ride safe.

Chaos
Ride long & prosper.
Live to ride. Ride int rain.

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K1600GTL (Pegasus)
  • City / Town: Nottingham
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2013, 08:10:32 PM »
Blue is definately the best colour Simon!!
'The farther one travels, the less one knows.......'

George Harrison