Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Radiator Failure  (Read 2174 times)

Offline carey

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
Radiator Failure
« on: March 20, 2014, 02:21:48 am »
I rode the Trophy to Daytona, Fla. for bike week. Approx. 750mi. from my home. Feeling confident that my intermittent coolant leaking problem was fixed by replacing the radiator cap and thermostat. I had rode 1000 plus miles after the repair with no problems. After reaching Daytona, I was headed to the Triumph shop to purchase a tee shirt and all of a sudden coolant begins to pour out of the radiator. The dealer found a CRACK in the filler neck !!!!  There was not a radiator in the US. I do have to say that Triumph did step-up and shipped one to the dealer in 24 hrs. As much as I like this bike, one more issue and it will stay at the dealer !!!

Offline Ernest T

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Salado, Texas
Re: Radiator Failure
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 12:27:01 pm »
Sorry to hear about your radiator.  Triumph doesn't seem to stock a lot of parts for the Trophy in the US.  My dealer ordered a caliper, rear rim and some electrical wiring and none were in stock in the US.

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2014, 07:46:59 pm »
Second that!!!!!!!!!!  Despite a TSB on the shifting sensor (so you think Triumph would keep a few in the US) I had to wait nearly two months for one to come from the UK>
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline carey

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2014, 02:34:41 pm »
3000 mi. after the replacement of the radiator, coolant erupts out of the overflow. The bike is in the shop getting the heads replaced. Don't know if this will help but the dealer is pulling all the stops and trying to remedy this problem. Triumph is very aware of the situation.

Offline Caoimhín

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2014, 10:16:01 pm »
That happened mine after the ECU replacement. Dealer traced it to a corroded connection in the wiring. A new loom sorted the problem.
Caoimhín

tweedy-bunch