Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: OMG !!!  (Read 2941 times)

Offline JohnnyV

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TrophySE & Ducati SP
  • City / Town: Phoenix, AZ
OMG !!!
« on: March 22, 2014, 05:08:13 am »
Hello from Arizona, I just picked up my Trophy on Wednesday and put a quick 350 miles on this incredible bike. I have been riding for 40+ years. I have ridden countless bikes from dirt bikes to full blown choppers. I lost count on how many bikes I've owned. The longest I've owned a bike was 7 years and it was a Harley Davidson Street Glide. I really enjoyed that bike but got tired of the whole Harley thing. Anyway, I've never ridden a bike this comfortable that handles this good. 

First of all, has anyone noticed cars moving out of your way when riding your Trophy? This only thing I can think of is they must think I'm a cop coming up in them and they just move over lol or it's the fact I'm coming up behind them at a high rate of speed.

Speaking of speed, this bike will travel at 90-100 mph all day without any issue except maybe the highway patrol but no tickets yet.

This big bike handles like a sport bike, well maybe not like my Ducati ss/sp but I've thrown this bike into some corners at a high rate if speed and it just goes. The steering is so light even at parking lot speeds.

I love the way the bags open and close, there's a feeling of quality though out the bike.

The center display was cumbersome to operate at first but then I realized I was making it more complicated then it needed to be. Reading the owners manual gave me all the insight into it's operation, I never read directions...

The motor sounds great and the power is so evenly distributed throughout the rev range, it's like a volume control knob on the radio, turn it up and it just rolls into triple digits.

The bike really represents an incredible value. A BMW r1200rt with the same equipment is about 3500 more the FJR ES doesn't really compare and only has 5 speed gear box and the Kawasaki Concours is dated.

Sorry if I rambled on but I couldn't be happier with my purchase. I hope all of you Trophy owners feel the same.

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
Re: OMG !!!
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 05:22:25 am »
Hi Johnny and welcome!  :400:

I think you have summed up the many appealing features of this great bike very well!
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Hoyland
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 07:11:07 am »
 :401: To the world of Trophy.

Chaos
Ride long & prosper.
Live to ride. Ride int rain.

Offline Smartos

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Berlin
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2014, 07:13:34 am »
Yeah, I also noticed the "cop" thing, especially when you're wearing a safety vest :001:

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2014, 07:17:21 am »
Yeah, hi viz jacket, white helmet, curly cable to the helmet comms, slight blue tint to the light, led lights hung under the  headlights looking suspiciously like emergency lights....

Thinking of changing the bikes name to Moses as it parts traffic like he did the Red Sea!
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline Smartos

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2014, 07:26:26 am »
 :047: :062:
The ultimate modification for it!
Trophy MoSEs

Online Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2014, 07:32:12 am »
Hey Smartos - you're not getting all religious are you ?

Everyone knows that Moses was the first to own a Triumph,
the scriptures tell us something like, "the roar of Moses Triumph was heard in the hills"   :164:

Must have had one of those Remus cans fitted   :745:

Offline Smartos

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2014, 09:29:35 am »
Indeed a brand with a long tradition :020: