Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Those with heated grips/seats  (Read 3529 times)

Offline Canucks_Fan

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Tiger 1050 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Kennewick
Those with heated grips/seats
« on: February 23, 2013, 06:27:16 PM »
Can you tell me if the graphics for the grips and seats are always there on your screen, or only there when you power the grips seats?  It's a bit of a grey area, and the manual is a bit nebulous.

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K1600GTL (Pegasus)
  • City / Town: Nottingham
Re: Those with heated grips/seats
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 06:53:17 PM »
Both the demo I rode and my new bike shows when the heated grips are on and whether the seat is on, both mine and my passengers.

Hope this helps.
'The farther one travels, the less one knows.......'

George Harrison

Offline ThickBrit

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2 x Trophies (80k+)
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 09:20:59 PM »
There is a way of 'enabling' these icons apparently. My heated grip one wasn't showing, but the dealer did an update this week and whilst in there, was able to make the change - I think it's a question of checking a box for the items fited. The SE obviously has them all (I think) but the A1 needs to be programmed.
Still can't get the digital speedo working all the time though. Apparently related to the temperature but I remain unconvinced.

Offline Canucks_Fan

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2013, 11:09:16 PM »
Do you guys see the images for the heated seats and grips when they are turned off?  Or do they only become visible on the display when powered on?  I can say for sure that they are both enabled on the bike, I watched the mechanic check the boxes myself.  Right now, the heated grips image will come up when they are turned on, but we're not sure if the image is always supposed to be on.  Both the shop manual and the owners manual are less than clear as to how they are supposed to be displayed.

Offline Bashafoc

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: Fingest
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2013, 11:44:20 PM »
The graphics for the grips/seats are there all the time, beneath them are 4 small boxes (2 for grips) which show up black when either are switched on 1 box for level one 2 for level 2(grips) same for seats but  :152:if you have heated passenger seat up to 4 boxes will be black if all are on level 2

Offline Canucks_Fan

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2013, 11:53:53 PM »
*Originally Posted by Bashafoc [+]
The graphics for the grips/seats are there all the time, beneath them are 4 small boxes (2 for grips) which show up black when either are switched on 1 box for level one 2 for level 2(grips) same for seats but  :152:if you have heated passenger seat up to 4 boxes will be black if all are on level 2
Thank you!  That is exactly what I was looking for.

Offline afterburner

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 triumph trophy
  • City / Town: long beach, ca
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2013, 01:49:26 AM »
i have a trophy se, heated seats are not standard, there's no wires coming from the bottom of the seat cushions.
heated grips aren't standard either. i can't see wires in the gap between the inboard end of the grips and the control switch box. those of you with heated grips. can you see wires in that gap?

Offline Triplemania

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2013, 12:21:27 PM »
*Originally Posted by afterburner [+]
i have a trophy se, heated seats are not standard, there's no wires coming from the bottom of the seat cushions.
heated grips aren't standard either. i can't see wires in the gap between the inboard end of the grips and the control switch box. those of you with heated grips. can you see wires in that gap?

Correct heated seats are an extra and the heated grips do have wires in the grove.

tweedy-bunch