Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Euro trip list  (Read 4118 times)

Offline Iain

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Stornoway
Euro trip list
« on: March 23, 2014, 04:12:20 pm »
Here's my list for my upcoming tour of the Alps..

Spare visor for Schuberth
Oxford tool kit
Spare fuses
Roll electrical tape
Some cable ties
Leatherman multi tool
Mini maglite
Can Wurth visor cleaner & micro fibre cloth
Insurance & reg documents
Passport
Ghost cam
Spare gloves
Shades
Earplugs

All of the above fits nicely in the tank bag. My clothes will of course go in the panniers and it's the intention that the top box will be empty to be used for my lid & jacket when I stop for lunch or a souvenir or two. Have I missed anything? Do I really need a spare visor? Do I need a maglite?
Honda VFR 2002
Sprint ST 2007
Sprint ST 2009
Sprint GT 2011
Trophy SE 2013

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
Re: Euro trip list
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 04:17:20 pm »
Well I personally wouldn't bother with a spare visor as they are awkward shapes and fragile to try and pack in the case.

What I would add to your list is  a first aid kit, a puncture repair kit, a mini compressor, some spare headlight & indicator bulbs, and as you will be going through France a couple of the mini breathalysers. A Hi Viz jacket/vest if you don't ride with one normally might also be a good idea should you be stuck by the roadside, hopefully not!
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Online johnbut

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: triumph trophy
  • City / Town: East Yorkshire
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2014, 04:25:06 pm »
Cropbiker beat me to th items for France. If you are going the alps a good map of the area is useful for finding some good routes that your Sat nav might not pick up.

Offline Sanctuary

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Underwater / S West
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2014, 04:54:21 pm »

I also don't know how hot the french police are these day on helmet reflectors   :187:

Offline Verdun95

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
  • City / Town: by CDG Airport
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2014, 10:18:43 pm »
*Originally Posted by Sanctuary [+]
I also don't know how hot the french police are these day on helmet reflectors   :187:

pretty cool, except in Paris; Hi viz jacket is compulsory if you get stuck on the road side: you must wear one!:
An old biker must be a good rider

Offline john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: sprint1050 tiger955
  • City / Town: Farndon
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2014, 02:00:24 pm »
I read a web site about anglo french biking that said they were very hot on stickers so put some on.  No one else in the group did and then found out, as Verdun said, it was talking about Paris.  Anyway they were cheap off ebay.  I did get told off for parking at the side of the road and not putting my hi-viz on.  One of our group had lost his pillion seat and spread spare bits all over the road and we quickly tried to clear it up and warn other  drivers.  The police were great though thanking us for prompt action but slightly telling me off for not having my jacket on (that stupidly was in my tank bag in easy reach) but I just did not think in the heat of 'action'.  Still they wished us a good days riding and drove off!

Offline takingiteasy

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Cheltenham
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2014, 03:19:06 pm »
Iain, don't for get both parts of your driving licence, your NHS E11 card and it may be wise to print off from the web a copy of a form called a constat amiable d'accident.  If you are stopped, French Police expect you to have this stuff. There is also some ambiguity about breathalysers in France. May be worth checking this out.
I find if you can quickly show all of this to a French copper, you will be allowed to go fairly quickly.

Safe trip.

Offline Verdun95

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
  • City / Town: by CDG Airport
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2014, 04:53:41 pm »
*Originally Posted by takingiteasy [+]
There is also some ambiguity about breathalysers in France. May be worth checking this out.
I find if you can quickly show all of this to a French copper, you will be allowed to go fairly quickly. Safe trip.

they are compulsory, you must carry one at all time, however if caught w/o you will not be fined! Understand who can ? However one additional point I've not seen mentioned anywhere:
if you are stranded on the side of the road you must wear a high viz vest! Car drivers must also have a warning triangle on board. Lack of will be fined!
An old biker must be a good rider