Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Well it has now happened to me  (Read 2836 times)

Offline Saaz

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
Well it has now happened to me
« on: March 25, 2014, 05:24:29 am »
I went for a few thousand km ride over the weekend up through the mountains and had a ball.

But the Trophy stopped completely 4 times and needed the battery earth disconnected for a little while to get going again.  Engine malfunction light stayed on each time, traction control disengaged briefly as well, but magically cleared 2 times.  Bike ran great before each stop.

On the way back no warning lights or stops, but it ran like a doc at partial throttle and does not idle properly, even died at idle a few times.  At partial throttle it sometimes acted like TTC had kicked in to reduce power, but at full throttle and on the highway ran great.

On getting home error code P2119 Throttle Valve Drive System Error was logged as a fault.

The ECM has yet to be replaced, as faulty ones are still around.  When the bike was behaving I did not mind, but do now.

What might be expected next if I keep riding, as if the sudden stopping does not happen I can live with it for a while, but I have big rides on after April.

Worst thing was I was riding with mates with Honda STs, 65 of them, and while they like the Trophy these problems are not a good look.

I just contacted the dealer and as well as the ECU there are some other parts (rubber manifolds or such) that are also needed but are not yet in. This is a new one for me.  This is the first Explorer/Trophy that is actually playing up for them, at 13,500kms.

Stay tuned!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 05:34:29 am by saaz »

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K1600GTL (Pegasus)
  • City / Town: Nottingham
Re: Well it has now happened to me
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 08:22:12 am »
Sorry to hear that Saaz. The odd glitch we can put up with but not when it fails on long runs. I know how you feel.
'The farther one travels, the less one knows.......'

George Harrison

Offline Trumpetman14

• Trophy Pro
  • You Gotta Love her!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wendell, NC
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 12:41:22 pm »
DO NOT THROW A LEG OVER YOUR BIKE AGAIN UNTIL IT'S REPAIRED!! Take this advice from one of the first owners, ME, to nearly get himself and his pregnant daughter killed by a malfunctioning TPS hardware FAILURE/ECU software GLITCH!!! It is COMPLETELY unstable now and will only get worse with each ride! Once the TPS and the ECU are replaced you will have no more problems. PLEASE HEED MY ADVICE..... :182:  -Dr Ron
Growing old MAY BE mandatory...But
Growing up is OPTIONAL !!

Offline Trophyman12

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Liverpool
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 09:28:54 pm »
Same things and warning lights happened to me too. Got the new ECU and TPS. Since then ive had no problems. Also check on the Engine Top End replacement. This is not a recall but early models suffer with a noisy top end. Check with your dealer. If you get no joy from them ring Triumph direct. Mine is going back to the factory in Hinckley to be re done at the end of April. Hopefully this will be an end to all the problems.
Previous Bikes YAMAHA FJR1300 SUZUKI TL1000R            APRILLIA RSV1000 MILLIE YAMAHA YZF R1 SUZUKI GSXR1000
SUZUKI SV650S and countless others.

Offline Queensland Ken

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Toowoomba
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 09:59:36 pm »
Sorry to heat that saaz.

El-typical EMF interference / ECU fault, not good in front of a bunch of ST riders, lol.
2013 Trophy SE
2013 Stelvio NTX
2007 FJR 1300

Offline dbenjamin

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Nacogdoches TX
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2014, 10:17:50 pm »
Check with the dealer about an ECU recall.  I have a 2014 Trophy SE and had to wait a week before getting the bike due to a recall, but I live in Texas, U.S.

Offline Saaz

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2014, 10:58:38 pm »
I have no riding planned for a month or so, and I have the ST1100 I can always use if I register it for 3 months if needs be.  Mine is outside the other fixes as one of those in between 2014 models.

Offline Queensland Ken

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Toowoomba
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2014, 11:34:09 pm »
Looks like you'll have to sent Triumph Australia a "contact us"

Hope you get a reply from Chris.
Do you have his email address ?
2013 Trophy SE
2013 Stelvio NTX
2007 FJR 1300