Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Tom Tom Rider  (Read 9437 times)

Offline Balders

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Hinckley
Tom Tom Rider
« on: March 25, 2014, 09:04:39 am »
Has anyone mounted a Tom Tom on the Trophy, and if so where? Any photo's would be appreciated.

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
Re: Tom Tom Rider
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 09:53:43 am »
"Has anyone ACTUALLY installed TomTom Rider ?" Thread   :028:

Or just use the "Search" button and enter "TomTom"  :169:

Offline Smartos

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Berlin
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 01:26:02 pm »
I installed the original accessory bracket using the cable connector also available from Triumph while the bike was in service changing the ECU (no further work needed, because the bikes front fairing had to be removed anyway). Excellent quality and superior visibility. I'm using the Urban Rider.

Offline Balders

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Hinckley
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 07:32:15 pm »
 :062:

Offline TrupTR

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE
  • City / Town: Bombala
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 09:59:09 pm »
Does the Tom Tom use all TTSE audio system OK, are you able to control the volume from the TTSE buttons
Sprint ST 2007-2010
Sprint GT 2010-2014
TTSE-2014

Offline Smartos

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Berlin
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 06:49:19 am »
To be honest, I always connect the TomTom directly with my Scala Headphones, so I'm sorry, no experiences with that.

Offline madmechanic

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: trophy se
  • City / Town: blackpool
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2014, 07:51:54 am »
Hi I fitted tomtom rider 5 to my tt  Use the triumph sat nav bracket and wired it to the feed behind the nose fairing , looks great
 The bike and tomtom do not pair up Bluetooth , not compatible , I use a Starcom (autocom) hard wired intercom with Bluetooth adapter works great (cannot hardwire Tomtom like garmin)
   I also fitted speaker breakout kit to hardwire bike to intercom and in my experience is the best way because you can hear everything all the time unlike Bluetooth that will only do one thing at a time ,
  If you only use the Sat nav Bluetooth is OK but if you want to use the tomtom , music from the bike and intercom the hard wired is much better .

P.S garmin is better option as you can hard wire to bike but if like me hate Garmin  :173: :173: the above better option :152:

Hope this helps

Offline Zaphod

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE Black
  • City / Town: Poulton le Fylde
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2014, 01:16:25 am »
Madmechanic -right with you on the Tomtom vs Garmin thing!

I have an Autocom on my SE with the same setup as your Starcom, but no audio breakout so I use the Autocom bluetooth module to connect the Tomtom up.  Philp Youles tried fitting the audio breakout at delivery but couldn't make it work. Horrendous electrical interference apparently.  Did you install yours yourself and if so have you any tips on the breakout installation - cable runs etc?     Cheers. Z

If you can keep your head when all about you are loosing theirs, it's a sure sign you've misread the situation.

tweedy-bunch