Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: 6ft 2" best seat position  (Read 2590 times)

Offline Marcus

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
6ft 2" best seat position
« on: March 27, 2014, 06:25:10 pm »
I know this has been asked before but has any body at or over 6ft gone from the high seat position to the lower one and found it more comfortable as get neck and upper back pain after about an hour. Also had the TT back from the recall and certainly seems smoother to ride now !! :062:

Offline Briang1234

• Non Active
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy
  • City / Town: Milwaukie, Or.
Re: 6ft 2" best seat position
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 07:03:42 pm »
I feel your pain brother. 6'3" here and seat in high position has my shoulders howling at the end of a long day. Im hoping the bar risers (genmar thread) solve the issue. Im trading shoulder ache for knee pain with the seat lowered.
Brian
I have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about.
Riding the Northwet

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hoyland
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 08:09:43 pm »
6'4" And had my seat reworked 1.5" higher  :028: Rideable all day long for me now.

Chaos
Ride long & prosper.
Live to ride. Ride int rain.

Offline Sanctuary

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Underwater / S West
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 08:13:46 pm »
*Originally Posted by Marcus [+]
I know this has been asked before but has any body at or over 6ft gone from the high seat position to the lower one and found it more comfortable as get neck and upper back pain after about an hour. Also had the TT back from the recall and certainly seems smoother to ride now !! :062:

6ft 2" I ride with the seat in the low position and find it better around   :001:

Offline Marcus

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 08:32:33 pm »
Hi Briang that's really interesting! I too are waiting for genmar risers to be available in the UK. You probably will get them in the USA before us over this side of the pond. Genmar Emailed me confirming that they'll be ready from April .
Had risers on a ST 1300 3 years ago and it made a big difference!
When you get your risers please us know what you think . In the mean time as you I'll have to put up with shoulders or knee pain.  :027:

Offline Marcus

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2014, 08:37:41 pm »
Thanks Sanctuary will try the lower position this weekend.  :821:

Offline BigD

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Columbus (Dublin) OH
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2014, 08:48:35 pm »
Just a thought...

What happens, if while on an extended ride, every fuel stop, the seat height was reset?  It only takes a few minutes.  The change up and down might help. Just wondering. 

This from the guy that turned a thumb down to both OEM seats, and went back to the Corbin feel his backside had become accustomed to.

Offline Briang1234

• Non Active
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy
  • City / Town: Milwaukie, Or.
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2014, 09:30:17 pm »
As far as the seat itself, I have the comfort gel seat in the high position and I have no complaints with that at all. All day comfortable for my butt, and the knee bend seems just right (36" inseam). I just end up with my shoulders hunched down a little. And thats not really so bad for rides of a couple hours or less, but all day rides... they get a bit sore. No way to build a bike to fit everyone just right. Thats why we have the aftermarket vendors.
Brian
I have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about.
Riding the Northwet