What if I tip over? by tdragger
[Today at 07:58:35 pm]

Final drive oil amount by tdragger
[Today at 07:54:19 pm]

loose rear fender by Longridz
[Today at 07:16:01 pm]

Oil leak around lower shock body...? by Drphil
[Today at 01:55:19 pm]

Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Navigator Jacket/pants feedback  (Read 2424 times)

Offline Djimmy

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Missoula, Montana
Navigator Jacket/pants feedback
« on: March 27, 2014, 10:39:08 pm »
With all due respect to our great Trophy friends across the pond, I am wondering if any of my fellow Americans of a slightly portly build, own the Navigator jacket or pants. My experience with European clothing in general has been, they run a bit small and tight. I am sure it has absolutely nothing to do with the hamburger and french fries I have for lunch from time to time. I am looking to buy and am interested in feedback. Fit? Ease of use? Comfort? Wet weather protection? Hot weather comfort? I would enjoy hearing your thoughts. I've been wearing First Gear stuff for years and liked it, but it isn't perfect.

Offline HonorsDaddy

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: What do you think?
  • City / Town: Houston, TX
Re: Navigator Jacket/pants feedback
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 03:53:09 pm »
I know this post is a little old, but for what its worth, I've been really happy with my Navigator gear. Comfortable in Houston weather up to about 90 degrees and down to about 35. Wouldn't wear it in August, but other than that, its virtually year round gear.

And yes - i've had my share of cheeseburgers and it fits just fine.

Offline Papermaker

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Custer, WI.
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 08:02:07 pm »
Djimmy--

I have a XL sized coat and 34 - 44 size pants for sale.  They are in as new condition.  Their fit, functionality and quality is as good or better than HD and BMW gear that I've owned.  I'm asking $500 for the set.

Let me know if you re interested in them,

--John

Offline Djimmy

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Missoula, Montana
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2015, 09:41:42 pm »
John, I already bought the jacket but not the pants. What does 34-44 pants mean? I suspect they wouldn't fit me, but you never know.

Offline Papermaker

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Custer, WI.
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2015, 10:14:26 pm »
Djimmy--

The pants have elastic waist band gathers on each side that allow them to expand from 34 to 44".  They also have a set of straps located over the gathers that lock the pants at the expanded distance once you have them on.  The elastic system works well.  The pant legs have a set of gathers on each leg at the calf/boot area so you can tighten them up to fit your leg.

Let me know if you have other questions,

--John

tweedy-bunch