Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Cylinder Head Replacement in Australia  (Read 4270 times)

Offline FROSTY

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Broadford
Cylinder Head Replacement in Australia
« on: March 28, 2014, 11:17:59 pm »
Hello All, has anyone in Australia had the cylinder heads replaced yet and if so which dealer is prepared to do it in Victoria. I have asked my dealer several times but seems unwilling to do it without a recall.
The way I see it is if there is a better factory supplyed part then we should all be fitted with it so there is a equeal playing feild around the world.
I dont understand why UK owners are getting a better deal then the rest of the world - does not seem fair to other loyal owners.
As far as resale goes, a buyer who has researched the bike will not buy the bike with out all the up grade/recalls completed. I know I wouldn't....
Is there a help line in Australia?

Offline Queensland Ken

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Toowoomba
Re: Cylinder Head Replacement in Australia
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 12:09:43 am »
Hi Frosty.
My Trophy has the symptoms and sent 2 "contact us" emails to Triumph Australia.
Had acknowledgement that they were received but no return call or email.
Have the noise as well as leaking fork seals.

We lost the dealership here in Toowoomba and wasn't taking the bike back to the ********** I bought the bike from.
I even offered to ride the bike to Melbourne for them to look at.

Chris's number should be on that last letter Triumph sent out a few weeks ago, give him a ring. 03 93819754
He was answering contacts as he answered a call from another Trophy owner just after my second email.
I must be on his Black List  :745:

The letter was 1 week too late of me, as I had already done a deal on a FJR.

2013 Trophy SE
2013 Stelvio NTX
2007 FJR 1300

Offline Mick

• Trophy Member
  • mderrig
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Sydney
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 11:56:52 pm »
I have had the cylinder Head replacement done by Procycles at St Peters in Sydney.

Offline Simons Trophy

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue Trophy
  • City / Town: Melbourne
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2014, 12:18:04 am »
Hi Frosty,
I had mine done but its a tech service bulletin so they wont do it unless the engine is noisy. Gets a rattle in the right hand side. I agree with you and do not understand why its a recall in England & not everywhere else, unless they are seeing what that sample unearths. I have been told about 1 in 5 actually need the head in the given vin range.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 04:32:49 am by Simons Trophy »
Simon

Offline FROSTY

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2014, 02:18:25 am »
Thanks for the reply's everyone, mine has more of a loud ticking noise that is very loud at start up but comes and goes after that.
It is hard to put a finger on where it is coming from. I don't know if it is related to the head issue or not.
I may have to find a new dealer. :157:

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2014, 11:21:30 pm »
Frosty,
As an aside, my daughter noticed the forum open on my computer and spotted your user name.  Frosty is also the name of her Maltese dog, her pride and joy, and  I think the most important thing to her, certainly more important than her old dad.  So my daughter says to tell you that you have the BEST username. 
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline FROSTY

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2014, 09:24:32 am »
Well, took the bike to the dealer again today and the mechanic looked at the bike and agreed there is a rattle/odd noise on the right side. He started to say it is a known noise in the trophy's and explores and tried to tell me the valves where beding in. I told him the bike has done 15,000 km, how long does it take........wrong answer.
He has told me he will speak with Triumph Australia and ring me after there discussions.....still waiting......
Still have the feeling l am getting the run around and the dealer does not want to work on the bike..... :157:l

Offline Simons Trophy

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue Trophy
  • City / Town: Melbourne
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2014, 10:53:08 am »
After my head replacement I had no noisy valves "bedding in" and my new Explorer valves aren't bedding in either.
Keep at it! There is a post with a video of before & after head replacement noise not sure if its the Explorer or Trophy site.
Simon

tweedy-bunch