[Today at 07:29:09 am]

The greatest accessory... EVER! by smash
[Today at 03:39:07 am]

I still love my Trophy by gwcrim
[Today at 01:45:26 am]

Engine Lugging RPM by Tenequip
[Today at 01:32:51 am]

Poll

Other than recall services has your bike failed to run, and how long was it down.?

No
40 (67.8%)
No, but exhibits errors
7 (11.9%)
Yes 1 days
2 (3.4%)
Yes 2 days
2 (3.4%)
Yes 3 Days +
8 (13.6%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Satisfaction and Problems with TTSE  (Read 6114 times)

Offline sungunr

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Arizona
Satisfaction and Problems with TTSE
« on: March 31, 2014, 01:28:57 am »
Trying to determine (non scientifically of course) the reliability and rider satisfaction accorded to the TTSE, so this poll is trying to gage the number of defective bikes (bikes that have failed to perform) as opposed to bikes that have not exhibited any defects (conditions that create a defective bike), and bikes that have "errors".  A bike failing to start due to non operator error such as faulty ignition switch would be an example of a bike defect.  So if a bike fails to run for a number of reasons this counts as 1 defective bike, and multiple votes are not to be entered. There have been a number of recalls completed and will not be counted as defects for the purpose of the survey.   If your Trophy is ride-able but has "errors" with the radio, bluetooth, speedo, gas gage, etc., please indicate this condition as an error exhibiting bike accordingly.

Thanks 
"That's bold talk from a one eyed fat man"

Offline Saaz

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
Re: Satisfaction and Problems with TTSE
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 03:21:55 am »
Until I had the problems associated with the ECU/TPS recall (mine has not been done yet) no problems at all. I haven't really used the audio system other than testing it out to make sure it works, as I go bluetooth through the Zumo 660 for everything.  13,500kms so far

Offline madmechanic

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: trophy se
  • City / Town: blackpool
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 07:40:38 am »
Mine has been back for recalls but does not sound any quieter (not noisy before) new ECU (never cut out) .
  Only problem mine seems to give is screen sometimes has a mind of its own and does not respond while bike is idling ( may be battery voltage  low) but is OK when moving so don't loose any sleep over it.
  Short answer no problems with mine totally satisfied
 :046: :152:

Offline wingjack

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: trophy se
  • City / Town: tucson
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 01:16:08 pm »
Near 7K now with no running problems Sungunner!  Everything running great and still can't believe the wonderful fuel mileage.  Have a friend that wrecked his Concours recently, he's OK thank God, was getting high 30's for fuel mileage.  Love that 50 plus I'm getting!

Wingjack

Offline Caoimhín

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2014, 02:43:36 pm »
Defective.
Caoimhín

Offline davybull

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE L
  • City / Town: Wigan
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2014, 04:27:31 pm »
Perfect up to now but going back to factory next month for all the recalls so we will see after that!

Dave.
Trust me......
I ride a Triumph.

Offline Cide1

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Fishers
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2014, 06:03:49 pm »
I think your poll captures some data about reliability, but not satisfaction.  It is of course biased in that people with problems will tend to seek out online forums more so than people with no problems.  By and large, the poll gives insight into the number of problems that people here have had.

I don't think it captures satisfaction very well.  My bike did leave me stranded once, so I put 1 day on your poll, but I am still quite satisfied with the bike.  I think I would purchase it again.  It fits my needs really well, and the dealer has bent over backwards trying to help make it right, including a free 10k service, offering loaner bikes, picking up the bike with no notice, and offering to deliver the bike back.  Not once have the Honda or Yamaha dealers I have dealt with come close to this level of service, which leaves me still satisfied with the experience.

Offline rocksteady

• Trophy Member
  • Searching for satellites
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Reading, Berkshire
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2014, 08:16:32 pm »
I've had my Trophy for 6 weeks now and done 1850 miles. I haven't had any faults with the bike so far and am delighted with it. It definitely seems to have a better quality, longer lasting finish than my old 2010 BM 1200 RT. Although I still think a hugger or some such protection should be standard equipment.
The only 'problem' I have with bike is that of the convoluted and complicated menus, buttons etc. I've now managed to change from sport to standard suspension setting. I could change it again but I'd need 5 mins to try and find what sub, sub menu to go through whereas the BM was a piece of cake.
Also i find I have to be very careful coming to a stop if the ground slopes, dips or uneven and also manoeuvring the bike because of the quite high c of g which is a shame...but I still love this bike. :062:
Cheer up they said, things could be worse. So I cheered up and sure enough things DID get worse!