Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Fork Seals  (Read 39282 times)

Offline elooker

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE, Explorer
Fork Seals
« on: February 25, 2013, 02:02:51 AM »
I have 200 miles on my bike and the fork seals have already blown out.  The only other Trophy SE in my town has the same problem.  Has anyone else had this problem?

Ndo

Re: Fork Seals
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 05:06:17 AM »
 :174:

Offline elooker

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE, Explorer
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 01:47:49 AM »
Called my dealer.  No fork seals in America and none at Triumph in England.  So this must be a fairly common problem, though I haven't seen anything about it on this site.  They say April, but my dealer is saying you'd better send new tubes then.  I really loved the bike for 200 miles anyway.  Can't wait to get it back.

Offline Bythebay

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Collingwood
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 02:19:49 AM »
Hey Ndo , who are you ?
Live long , ride hard and prosper ...!

Offline Bythebay

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Collingwood
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2013, 02:39:57 AM »
That's $1,100 per mile ... :087:
Live long , ride hard and prosper ...!

Ndo

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2013, 03:13:52 AM »
*Originally Posted by Bythebay [+]
Hey Ndo , who are you ?

Trying to learn what I can. I am thinking of buying a Trophy. I wanted a Trophy when I was switching bikes a while back but they were not available. I liked the RT but I lost confidence on the motor. The Trophy sounded like a much better drivetrain, plus other features. I am holding on to my money until these problems straighten. Glad I found this forum.

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hoyland
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2013, 06:24:29 PM »
*Originally Posted by Ndo [+]
Trying to learn what I can. I am thinking of buying a Trophy. I wanted a Trophy when I was switching bikes a while back but they were not available. I liked the RT but I lost confidence on the motor. The Trophy sounded like a much better drivetrain, plus other features. I am holding on to my money until these problems straighten. Glad I found this forum.

Ndo

Triumph will sort any bike built now or in 3 years time. It comes with a 2yr warranty and any fault  not caused by abuse or fair ware and tare will be sorted as the warranty contract states.
Put your money where your mouth is and join the rest of us that are enjoying this awesome new machine. I don't think that this bike will undergo any major changes as it has been under development since 2005 as was the Explorer. Reading this forum is only giving one side to the story for every 1 bad bike there will be 100 that show no fault. 1% on a brand new bike from the ground up is pretty amazing  :046:
Check back in history and see if the likes of BMW were any better or any other manufacturer for that matter.
As I've said before pay your money take your chance.
Ride long & prosper.
Live to ride. Ride int rain.

Ndo

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2013, 06:37:23 PM »
Chaos,

I am drooling when I read reports of the Trophy on this forum. Also doing a lot of specs comparison with other bikes. I love the RT but the Trophy has everything I did not like about the RT, which was mainly the drivetrain. I am working on getting my butt under a Trophy. Though, I don't mind telling you all these problems people are having do scare me off. I am working with my local shop to see if they would be able to handle anything similar to what people are having problems with. Hopefully soon!