Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: A bunch of add-on, ride-on and change-out stuff  (Read 5108 times)

Offline PQB

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Atlanta
A bunch of add-on, ride-on and change-out stuff
« on: April 03, 2014, 07:47:43 pm »
The good thing about divesting yourself of your old bike and everything that went with it is that you get to start from scratch the next time.  So, after 1000 miles or so, here's some of the stuff I got and what I think about it:

1.  Comfort Seat.  Better than the original.  Still going to get Day-Long.

2.  Tall windshield.  Better than original.  Probably still going to get Cal Sci.

3.  Heated Grips.  Haven't used them yet but confident that I will like them.

4.  Top Trunk.  Thought it looked weird in some photos but it actually looks pretty cool.

5.  Pannier bags.  Big, thick, solid and take up a lot of space.

6.  Kilamanjaro Jacket.  Best jacket I ever saw.

7. HT Air Overpants.  Love them.

8. Alpinstars Messenger Drystar gloves.  Great gloves.

9.  Tourmaster Dri-mesh gloves.  Same

10.Tourmaster Response 2.0 Boots.  Fit just right; comfortable and walkable.

11. Roadgear eurosport jumbo hauler.  Nice bag.  Won't work without top trunk rack.

12. Chubby quick release drink holder.  Will actually mount on the left bar and anywhere you want on the pillion rails.  Lost all of the rubber squares instantly but substituted rubber washers.  Had trouble securing the hex bolt when mounted in the lowest position, so I bought a slightly longer bolt and it works fine.  My garage is full of hapless competitors - this is the only one that works.

13.  Numerous and varied blue tooth over the headsets, over the ear, in the ear audio devices designed to reproduce nice music, returned them all and have concluded that what I am looking for (not Sena communication device but good music) isn't made.

14.  Scorpion C110 half helmet.  Best one I ever had.

All in all, it boggles my mind that there is so much good stuff out there that is so much better than what was available 20 years ago.  Now, if someone would just come up with a Bluetooth over the ear set that produces good music......

Offline Cide1

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Fishers
Re: A bunch of add-on, ride-on and change-out stuff
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 02:06:51 am »
The Sena is ok for talking with a passenger, but it does fall short with music.   I use the SMH10s when riding with the wife.  When riding alone, I've had good luck with Etymotic MC5s.  They are designed for use by musicians on loud stages, so they isolate really well, and are comfortable for hours.  Frequency is very flat, with just a small drop off in the lows.

http://www.etymotic.com/ephp/mc5.html

Offline grayjo72

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophey SE
  • City / Town: Richmond Nsw
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 09:46:26 am »
*Originally Posted by PQB [+]

2.  Tall windshield.  Better than original.  Probably still going to get Cal Sci.

I just picked up my tall windshield and will be getting it fitted.. Hoping it adds just that little extra protection

Offline PQB

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Atlanta
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2014, 10:20:02 pm »
I spent a few hours riding in the rain with the tall windshield to try it out.  At highway speeds, it is not bad, but nothing like the protection I used to get with my monster Markland windshield on the Gold Wing.  What I can't figure out is why so much water seems to roll over the top or around the sides and down onto the instrumentation panel - I actually had to wipe down the center panel with my gloves several times just to see what was going on.  I am left with the conclusion that the windshield design was something of an afterthought.  I ordered the XL from CalSci and will report back on that in a week or two.

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2014, 01:25:01 am »
Had a little ride yesterday in a constant but not heavy rain and the Cal-Sci only allowed a few drops to accumulate on the instruments.  All different speeds from freeway to low speed in town.  My Olympia mesh pants only allowed my jeans to get very slightly damp, got wetter walking the dog to the mailbox after I got home.  This thing has really nice weather protection compared to saaayyy-B??.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline JohnD

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: T Trophy
  • City / Town: Ulverstone Tasmania
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2014, 10:56:53 am »
PANNIER CRASH BARS: I am after a pair of these Rear Pannier crash Bars...but i recon I will have to make a set myself....good project....any one want a pair?

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2014, 07:47:31 pm »
You will need to take care of the moving panniers!
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline JohnD

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: T Trophy
  • City / Town: Ulverstone Tasmania
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2014, 09:52:23 pm »
Yes I have been thinking about this and am now looking at disposable corners. I am design and tech teacher so should be a great little project.
Any one have some damage lids I could bog up for a plug. Not sure of the material yet plastic, fibreglass copper , brass and alloy come to mind .......a little bit of steam punk to the TT?
Watch this space.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 09:55:05 pm by JohnD »

tweedy-bunch