Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: I finally got it back!  (Read 7375 times)

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
I finally got it back!
« on: April 04, 2014, 05:13:13 am »
Well four, yes four, months after dropping the Trophy off at the local dealer I finally got the bike back today.  The first 3 months didn't bother me because I was away on an extended business trip.  But at the 2 1/2 month mark I began to call and say I'm coming back in two weeks.  And it still wasn't done for another month.  Only needed 1) tank replacement 2) head replacement 3) ECM replacement 4) shifting sensor replacement and 5) center stand.  4 months!!!  To be fair the head replacement came up only 6-7 weeks ago<--- that's sarcasm in case anyone is wondering.  Good thing I wasn't actually wanting to use the bike.  At least I've had my Sprint 955 ST to ride.  That bike is the epitome of reliability.  Only had time to ride the Trophy 20 miles home from the dealer.  I'll give it a more thorough ride this weekend. 
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
Re: I finally got it back!
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 06:15:30 am »
Almost like getting a new bike again! Look at it that way!  :001:
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline rocksteady

• Trophy Member
  • Searching for satellites
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Reading, Berkshire
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 06:17:14 am »
Bloody hell, that is not good.  :151: I know you had the sprint to use but but that's not the point it just isn't good enough. I really hope that Triumph reads these forums and more importantly actually does something about it!
They have got to keep there customers happy and this is not the way to do it. Why couldn't they cannibalise a new trophy and replace the parts later?
I hope the Trophy is now perfect and you get NO reliability problems from now on.
 :169:
Cheer up they said, things could be worse. So I cheered up and sure enough things DID get worse!

Offline Stoney

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 & '17 TT SE
  • City / Town: Simi Valley, Ca
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 06:41:24 am »
Holy crap!  That's a bit out of line!  My tank replacement was done along with my first service, and together took a little over a day.  The ECM and centerstand took a little over an hour. I'd allow a week on the head replacement after they have it on the shelf.  So I guess it must be the shifting sensor that takes 3+ months!!!  Time to find a new dealer!  That's why I ride 75 miles to a good one instead of the crappy one about 4 miles away.
 :151:  :151:  :151:

Regardless, enjoy your 'new' bike!
STONEY

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K1600GTL (Pegasus)
  • City / Town: Nottingham
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2014, 07:50:38 am »
I think I would have given up at the 4 month point. At least when my issues occurred the dealership was only 12 miles away and even when the valve dropped, the engine was replaced in 3 weeks.
'The farther one travels, the less one knows.......'

George Harrison

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2014, 08:49:56 am »
Hi w8d4it,

Is this the same Dealer that resulted in your choice of Forum Member name ?  :015:

In addition to considering a suitably worded letter to John Bloor at Triumph UK,
letting them know of your disappointment, I think Stoney has it ... " Time to find a new dealer ! "

Looking at the Triumph web site there are 4 dealers not too ar from you :
British USA and Polaris West, both in Houston, Lone Star over in Austin, and Killeen, in ..... Killeen !

There are also 5 other Trophy Forum members on the Members Map - in and around Houston,
and although they don't appear on the Forums very often, you could try a PM to them,
to ask their experiences of any of the other Dealers that they might be using ?

Cheers  :821:

Offline PC-Rider

• Non Active
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Atco, NJ
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2014, 11:25:56 am »
My bike has also been taking a long time to diagnose and get repaired.

Coconut, do you have a full address for this Mr. Bloor so I can send him a suitably worded letter?   :001:

Offline Roger

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Kent
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2014, 01:38:27 pm »
Hi w8d4it,

Can I have your dealers phone number in case I get a breakdown ! Glad you have your bike back now, I hope it will be problem free for you.

Is this the same Dealer that resulted in your choice of Forum Member name ? ( That was unexpectedly funny Coconut !  :002: )

Roger

tweedy-bunch