Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Triumph Regular Service lump fees  (Read 1844 times)

Offline Verdun95

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
  • City / Town: by CDG Airport
Triumph Regular Service lump fees
« on: April 04, 2014, 08:21:21 am »
In France Triumph has now implemented a tariff policy for the regular maintenance services, I guess the same is also available elsewhere?

http://www.triumphadonf.com/v3/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Poster-Forfaits-R%C3%A9vision.jpg
An old biker must be a good rider

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
Re: Triumph Regular Service lump fees
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 09:00:10 am »
I purchased a Service Plan from my dealer in July last year - covering the 10k and 20k mile services.

The cost was £399 including vat ( tax ) , and was guaranteed not to increase.

This represented a saving of £180 from the price of paying for the 2 services separately.
It is likely that by the time the 20k service was due, the price would have increased,
meaning the actual saving would have been even more  :169:
( Consumable items like brake pads, tyres etc.  were not included in the price ).

The financing of this was farmed out to an external company called EMaC Limited,
and while the plan can still be cancelled after the usual 14 day "cooling off" period,
( if, for example, you manage to write your bike off before having chance to get it serviced ),
they do charge a £30 "Admin Fee" for doing so !

At the time it seemed like a good deal  :028:

Offline Trophyman12

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Liverpool
Re: Triumph Regular Service lump fees
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 10:05:21 pm »
I purchased 3 services up front when I had my FJR1300. I had two of them done then traded in for the TTSE. Lost out on the third service therefore making the price I paid even out to two normal service costs anyway. I would say just pay for servicing as you go. You never know what lies ahead.  :002:
Previous Bikes YAMAHA FJR1300 SUZUKI TL1000R            APRILLIA RSV1000 MILLIE YAMAHA YZF R1 SUZUKI GSXR1000
SUZUKI SV650S and countless others.