Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Autocom unit fitting  (Read 6436 times)

Offline loads of miles

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE Silver
  • City / Town: Welwyn Garden City
Autocom unit fitting
« on: February 25, 2013, 10:36:41 PM »
Picking up my new Silver SE on Friday Has anyone else fitted an autocom unit under the seat or anywhere else yet  :112:

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hoyland
Re: Autocom unit fitting
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 05:54:23 PM »
Hi Dude

Yes fitted mine and it fits a treat.
I've got the Logic 2 and it works great. I took the feed from the ignition live that feeds the top box ( easiest to get to ). Took the earth wire back to the battery this hopefully stops any interference through an earth loop. I also have my sat nav into the autocomm and I run the power wires back to this point also.

To gain access remove both seats and the tank bag mounting panel and also the battery cover ( right hand side of the fairing ).

I run the feed wire from the back of the bike to the unit placed in the right hand compartment. The earth wire from the battery under the panel covering the fuel tank and along the frame rail to the unit this sorts the power side.
The wires for the head sets, Rider I run it from the unit up over the tank under the left hand panel then then brought it back towards the rider and put it into the sticky holders that you can purchase from AutoComm. The pillion I run across the bike and used a couple of tie wraps to secure ti to the left hand grab rail. We then put coiled extensions into these points and disconnect at the helmets, this works great and you can also ride with the extensions attached. Rider one falls  around the tank cap and the end drops down into the steering area without any interference. Pillion runs across the back or the rear seat and down by the RH grab rail ending up between the rail and the seat. Neither move  while riding.

Hope this helps  :062: Don't be afraid to get back to me if you need any further help.

Chaos
Ride long & prosper.
Live to ride. Ride int rain.

Offline loads of miles

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 08:31:19 PM »
thanks for reply glad u are up and running ( well listening ) hopefully with your advice so will I
loads of miles

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 06:33:20 PM »
All

Had to strip out the lead from the satnav to AutoCom unit. Although I'm using the correct  lead supplied from AutoCom I was still getting interference IE buzzing in the headsets. After talking to the tech guy at AutoCom he suggested that it was possible that air born interference could be the problem and re routing the cable could rectify the fault. He was correct? I moved the cable to the right side of the bike and over the top of the binnacle not down the back as I had previously.  :138: RESULT works perfectly now :152: :152:

Chaos
Ride long & prosper.

Offline loads of miles

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 07:35:49 PM »
Mine is working well next step is  pairing the radio with the autocom unit (fitted nicly under the seat )  .I have heard that this can take a few attempts.If I cant do it I will ask a teenager !to help.  260 mile completed and all great .

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, 06:38:36 PM »
Is there a way to hard wire? Or are you going down the route of Blue Tooth. Didn't look into pairing up the audio unit :084: Sat nav and comms was all I wanted.
Ride long & prosper.

Offline loads of miles

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2013, 10:01:20 PM »
 :084:Not sure but I am sure that I will be able to get the radio paired up  .Will let you know how it goes .

Offline davidw3d

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Bradford
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2013, 07:09:05 PM »
I have the Zumo 660 on order and the Sena SMH10 Bluetooth headsets as recommended by Triumph, I would like to communicate bike to bike so have bought a two way radio with battery eliminator and the Sena SM10 Dual Stream Bluetooth Stereo Transmitter. The question is what do I pair to what so that it all works with the Trophy SE audio system? Appparently the Zumo 660 links straight into the Trophy wiring loom under the left hand side stowage compartment so that should just work but I'm not sure what order to pair the rest up in, anyone else tried this?

:440:
Might as well as wish we had.

tweedy-bunch