Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Gopro ideas and tips  (Read 3339 times)

Offline Briang1234

• Non Active
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy
  • City / Town: Milwaukie, Or.
Gopro ideas and tips
« on: April 05, 2014, 10:40:37 pm »
Some of you may be Gopro users. I just dipped my toe into the Gopro pool last summer, so still learning. If others are interested add some ideas or pictures
I'll start with this. I don't like taking pictures and videos of my bike, or helmet or windshield when I'm on a trip. I like to take pictures of where Im at. And I stop ALOT to take pictures. So I wanted to be able to get some scenery on the go easily.
So camera mounted on the nose. Vibration is very light, acceptable. The trick appears to be having as short an arm as possible between the base and the camera.

The camera is actually pointing quite a bit too low in this shot. Too much road visible. Distracting, and disorienting.

And the remote, mounted on brake reservoir. Very thumbable.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 10:46:25 pm by Briang1234 »
Brian
I have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about.
Riding the Northwet

Offline Briang1234

• Non Active
    • View Profile
Sorry: Duplicate topic
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 10:54:04 pm »
oops
Duplicate topic, already covered. Nevermind. Search is my friend.
Brian
Riding the Northwet

Offline seadog

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Harrogate
Re: Gopro ideas and tips
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 08:40:49 am »
Briang 1234

Thought that was my bike cockpit :745:

I have had a GoPro on the bike for a while now. But still playing. My 1st position was on the fairing above the left indicator. But as you say if you have longer extensions you induce more vibration. Plus it was pulling the faring so didn't want to damage that. Taken that off now. I have thought of the position you have. As you say no picture of the bike. Havent tried it yet.
Presently using the "RAM Mount 1" ball and Thread bolt I have the camera in the Rightside extra mirror slot and the Controller in the left.

I will send a picture when I get back home.
The video I get is obviously part of the screen and it has moved a little just got to make sure they are tight connections.

I also run it with the Backpack so that has added a little more weight. But you can set up the video shot. One thing to be carefull about if you have it on the bars when you lock the steering and the screen comes down make sure it doesn't contact the screen.

So far had some reasonable video for me personnaly showing the bike and scenery so you get a perspective of road position for training and you remember where you went wrong on playback.

I also thought about fixing it under the headlight. You would just have to remember to alter the video on the camera as it would be upside down.

As I said still learning and playing myself. But it is usefull in case of any incidents.

seadog

seadog

Offline Fireman73163

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Miles, IA
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 04:07:55 am »
I have found the helmet mount works best, at least for me, very smooth video and you are able to look at points of interest and catch the moment. I dont use the remote, just the app on my I-phone, then you have a preview of how the camera is aimed.

Offline Briang1234

• Non Active
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 01:15:19 pm »
*Originally Posted by Fireman73163 [+]
I have found the helmet mount works best, at least for me, very smooth video and you are able to look at points of interest and catch the moment. I dont use the remote, just the app on my I-phone, then you have a preview of how the camera is aimed.
The helmet mount works great for me too. Only issue I have with it is I dont like getting bike and windshield in video, but the trade off is as you said, film where you look, and smooth video.
Brian
Riding the Northwet

Offline Iron Gonzo

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Kleit
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2014, 11:15:43 pm »

Offline Briang1234

• Non Active
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2014, 12:20:17 am »
Gonzo, I'm not sure what Im looking at there. Some mount off the GPS mount? Looking forward through the windshield.
Brian
Riding the Northwet

Offline Iron Gonzo

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Kleit
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2014, 10:33:31 am »
this photo show how its made. the GPS cabel i still have to work on it to hide it  :034:
the black plastic holder for the GO pro, I made it my self whit the drilling machine