Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: TES Mode  (Read 7347 times)

Offline grayjo72

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophey SE
  • City / Town: Richmond Nsw
TES Mode
« on: April 07, 2014, 10:05:23 am »
Hi all, hopefully this is not to much of a silly question, but as they say if you don't ask...........

What is the general consensus in relation to the change to the bikes handling when the different TES modes are selected.?

I ask, as I am finding it difficult to "feel" the difference between each setting whilst riding. I also don't hear/feel anything when I change the selection whilst stopped.

I am worried that it might not be working, although my display tells me all is ok. Is the different settings very subtle?

Thanks Graham

Offline Glenn

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wisbech, Cambs
Re: TES Mode
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 10:20:35 am »
Hi Graham, I find it to be most pronounced with two-up.
If in comfort, it's too vague at very low speed but smooth on undulation surfaces. In sport, it's very responsive and solid at all speeds but a little too rigid on rough roads.
Normal mode is a little of the worst of both without the real benefit of either.
When I have Chris on the back I switch between sport and comfort quite s lot on our poxy UK roads.

When riding solo, there feels very little difference in damping but the steering is more positive in sport mode.

I hope this helps to draw a comparison my friend.

Offline grayjo72

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 10:54:17 am »
Thanks Glen, I,ll play a little more. I havn' t been able to get the Mrs on the back for a decent run yet due to baby sitting issues. Good to know that you find a very little difference when travelling solo, that makes me a little less nervous that I have issues wit the system.

I'll take more notice with the steering in sports mode and see if I can feel a difference with that

Offline seadog

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Harrogate
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 12:25:20 pm »
greyjo72

I don't ride with pillion much. I feel a difference in sport to comfort. Agree with Glen Normal is neither.

I tend to run in Sport all the time even on the motorway sections. Maybe I forget I can alter it :745:

But when I have had it in comfort on motorway it is comfortable.
Pre load set at 1 and luggage.
It is a quiet transition from 1 setting to another.

seadog
seadog

Offline Roger

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Kent
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2014, 02:34:46 pm »
Hi Graham

Just to throw a spanner in the works, I have mine set on comfort 2 up, and thats fine for the way I ride, I only weigh 10 stone so I dont think the bike notices when I get on, the wife was pillion at the weekend first time this season and I had forgot how much the bike went down when she got on which meant I could touch the ground so that was good.

Roger

Offline john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: sprint1050 tiger955
  • City / Town: Farndon
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2014, 02:42:54 pm »
I find 2 up (with luggage) comfort or not the bike tends to dive under slow speed maneuvering?  Don't ask how I know :(

Offline Harlock

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Torino
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2014, 02:05:06 pm »
You know what? I had the feeling that sometimes, changing setting... motorbike did not change behavior... Even if because I've a BMW too... and I feel a lot of differences in the three settings in the german bike. I thought it was just a sensation of mine... But I did not pay attention to it. Sometimes I noticed yellow light did not blink at all... and in the 60% of the change settings I had to wait till the moment I stopped, for example at the traffic light, to read "TES regulation completed correctly". After I started moving once again... the bike really changed behavior. Well: as long as my bike's pre-load regulation stuk, my dealer - after changing both rear shock absorber and TES control unit without elimination the preload stucking - decided to change the instrument pack. Well... preload stucking is still there :172:... BUT... SURPRICE SURPRICE! Comfort/Normal/Sport regulation completely change behavior... or... to be more precise... it really started to work properly!!! I run 20.000 Km with TES setting not working! Now every time I change setting (while moving) I can see 2 rapid blinking of the yellow light, the sentence "TES regulation completed correctly"... and a REAL bike behavior changing! So...  if any of you saw an irregular blinking of the yellow ligh (sometimes it blinks... sometimes no)... if any of you have the feeling that nothing change using TES while bike is moving... Well... you may consider the option that it could be NOT just a feeling!

Offline grayjo72

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2014, 12:07:50 pm »
*Originally Posted by Harlock [+]
I run 20.000 Km with TES setting not working! Now every time I change setting (while moving) I can see 2 rapid blinking of the yellow light, the sentence "TES regulation completed correctly"... and a REAL bike behavior changing! So...  if any of you saw an irregular blinking of the yellow ligh (sometimes it blinks... sometimes no)... if any of you have the feeling that nothing change using TES while bike is moving... Well... you may consider the option that it could be NOT just a feeling!

Harlock, can you tell me what the REAL bike behaviour change was? My yellow light blinks like it should and the display tells me its completed. I'm thinking i may feel a slight difference in the bike, but certainly not a REAL change