Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Hertfordshire / northern Home Counties second ride out  (Read 4202 times)

Offline Chalkie

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Silver Trophy
  • City / Town: Dunstable
Hertfordshire / northern Home Counties second ride out
« on: April 07, 2014, 11:42:49 am »
Anyone free for a ride out on Sunday 27th April? (The Sunday after Easter weekend).
I'm proposing meeting at the Silver Ball cafe On the A10 near Royston (same place as we met for our first ride out)

Is a meeting time of 10.00 OK? That way we can be on the road at 10.30/10.45 , assuming we can sort out the sandwich order! - and perhaps have a run to the Norfolk or Suffolk coast??

Tubby T's cafe was suggested as a stop off point last time we met, I 've never been, but the website indicates it might have closed??

Any one interested? And any preference for a destination?

Offline loads of miles

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE Silver
  • City / Town: Welwyn Garden City
Re: Hertfordshire / northern Home Counties second ride out
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 10:39:04 pm »
Hi Dave,  Elaine and I are up for it so that's two Silver TT  in the group . Would suggest  Poor old Andy gets there a bit early  or arranges a take away ......
No preference on route or destination  .With a full tank that's 300  miles  and there is nothing like fish and chips out of the paper on the coast .Will Ann`s leg be up to throwing it over the saddle and joining us ?
Ride safe ,
Colin and Elaine

Offline andynmic

• Trophy Member
  • Motorcycling - The Greatest Escape
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 SE Launch
  • City / Town: Luton
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 01:58:16 pm »
Put me down for a possible as well. Don't worry about delays - gonna bring my own packed lunch.  :150:
Route suggestion: Assuming we start from Silver Ball, head south to A120 to Bishops Stortford, then on to the old A120 (now B1256) out to towards Colchester. Then drop down to the coast at Clacton (Classic Car show on the Promenade that day) or Walton, Frinton if you want something less busy. Approx 70 miles.
Or maybe further up the coast to Aldeburgh, Southwold or even Lowestoft and tick off one of the 'Fours Corners' of mainland UK.
Just some ideas   :084:

Andy
“Never knowingly understood”

Offline loads of miles

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE Silver
  • City / Town: Welwyn Garden City
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 08:57:38 pm »
hi all  Off for a week on the TT in the lake district  new tyres ,serviced polished ,fuelled  and just waiting for the alarm tomorrow morning .Soooo I wont be responding  to this thread  till I get back on 22nd but  we are still up for the ride on 27th .Dave you may want to PM the others to give them a jolt  ...
ride safe ,
Colin and Elaine

Offline TicketyBoo

• Trophy Pro
  • Happy Happy Pillion Girl
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE Black :O)
  • City / Town: Mercia Marina, Derby
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2014, 04:56:32 pm »
 Looks like fun - unfortunately we have my boys over for the weekend then - poop !  Maybe on the third run  :152:

Carol  :002:
Trophy SE 2015 in Sexy Phantom Black!

Offline gfxmonkey

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TROPHY SE
  • City / Town: Bishop's Stortford
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2014, 07:25:06 pm »
UP THE BLUES!!! I'm in if I can get out of a dad's taxi run to the airport! Unfortunatley it's not Stansted which is a shame as its only 15 mins from me!!!!!! :007:

Offline robert

• Trophy Member
  • vroom vroom
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hitchin
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2014, 12:10:35 pm »
A provisional yes from me too! Haven't been to Frinton or Walton on the Naze since the kids were little and just loooove fish and chips!  :821:

Offline Dorro

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: Doomsday Village
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2014, 08:03:52 pm »
Bu**er  :172:  can't make this one, pre booked weekend away with family  :173: would rather be riding my bike and it looks like it is gonna be a cracking day out   :157:  Hopefully the next one.....enjoy yourselves....huh, of course you will   :821:
Straights are for FAST BIKES.........Bends are for FAST RIDERS

tweedy-bunch