Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Tom Tom Fits Perfect  (Read 3953 times)

Offline Balders

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Hinckley
Tom Tom Fits Perfect
« on: April 08, 2014, 05:55:28 pm »
My buddy has just picked up his new SE, and the Tom Tom fits absolutely perfectly on the Triumph GPS mount! 😎

Offline Harlock

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Torino
Re: Tom Tom Fits Perfect
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 09:41:07 pm »
Is it possible to hear instructions in the bike speakers? Does it connect natively like it happen with Zumo, or do you need to connect it like "device 2" via bluetooth? Or just directly to the helmet via bluetooth? I do not like that much Zumo, but I though it was the only navigator fully compatible with bike audio system, so I'm really curious to know how Tom Tom cam work.

Offline Balders

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Hinckley
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 09:36:36 pm »
Connected via Bluetooth through helmet! :028:
Won't connect through speakers, then why would you want to anyway!!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 09:38:23 pm by Balders »

Offline gfxmonkey

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TROPHY SE
  • City / Town: Bishop's Stortford
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 11:03:23 am »
Interesting, might acquire a Tom Tom soon myself. Had 2 zumos and both broke, not worth the money. Liking the t-shirt Balders!

Offline miss

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: trophy se
  • City / Town: madrid
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 06:10:52 pm »
android telephon wiht ip67, good

no tom,tom moto
no garmin moto

more expansive

Offline Dmcfadyen

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2012 Trophy SE Silve
  • City / Town: Livingston
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2014, 10:05:37 pm »
I've not long got the Trophy. Its got the Triumph Sat nav mount fitted. My mate has offered me a swap, his Tom Tom Rider 2 western Europe for my almost brand new Givi Maxia 55 box I had on the GTR. He's just bought a Pan that came with a garmin but he needs a top box. I've never had a sat Nav. Does this need hard wired to the bike or will it run on it's re charable battery. I'm meeting him tomorrow night for a look at it.

Offline DonTom

• Trophy Master
  • Don & Tom in Gulin, China
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TTSE & 9 others
  • City / Town: Auburn,CA or Reno,NV
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2014, 02:40:38 am »
*Originally Posted by Balders [+]
Connected via Bluetooth through helmet! :028:
Won't connect through speakers, then why would you want to anyway!!
I know many riders who prefer the speakers to inside the helmet.

I prefer helmet myself, especially when on the freeway.

But if you use the TTSE's audio system, you have a choice to use  helmet or speakers, so, IMO, you're asking the wrong question. The question should be, "why not?".

BTW, I added a Bluetooth audio system (includes XM radio and USB) to my 1984 Venture, wired in such a way that I can use the speakers and headsets at the same time--something the TTSE cannot even do. But why would anybody want to do that?  :008:

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 Black BMW R75/5/* 1984 Red Yamaha Venture* 2002 Yellow Suzuki DR200SE* 2013 Blue Triumph Trophy SE*2016 Orange/Black Kaw Versy 650 LT*2016 Orange Moto Guzzi Stelvio* 2017 Gold/Black Harley FLTRU RoadGlide Ultra*2017 Zero 6.5DS* 2017 Zero SR13 w/Pwr Tank*2020 Energica SS9

Offline DonTom

• Trophy Master
  • Don & Tom in Gulin, China
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TTSE & 9 others
  • City / Town: Auburn,CA or Reno,NV
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2014, 02:52:42 am »
I own at least a dozen GPS units of different makes, including Tom-Tom.  IIRC, there is no elevation shown on the screen on any of the stock Tom-Tom units. However, there are free programs that you can upload to the Tom-Tom units which can be found on the web and then the Tom-Toms will not only show elevation, but even some things the Garmins don't have, such as how many degrees a hill is that you're climbing up. But these are NOT supported by Tom-Tom, but I have used several of them, and all the ones I tried worked very well.

Such as here.

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 Black BMW R75/5/* 1984 Red Yamaha Venture* 2002 Yellow Suzuki DR200SE* 2013 Blue Triumph Trophy SE*2016 Orange/Black Kaw Versy 650 LT*2016 Orange Moto Guzzi Stelvio* 2017 Gold/Black Harley FLTRU RoadGlide Ultra*2017 Zero 6.5DS* 2017 Zero SR13 w/Pwr Tank*2020 Energica SS9

tweedy-bunch