Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: 2nd thoughts??????  (Read 11925 times)

Offline kms187

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
2nd thoughts??????
« on: April 09, 2014, 02:17:37 am »
 :110: :110:

I absolutely love the trophy, but the amount of mechanical problems and under happy owners on this site is cause for concern.

I want a trophy but it seems like a risky investment based on what I have read here....!

Offline william

• Trophy Pro
  • its not your beliefs that make you a better person
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Henderson, KY
Re: 2nd thoughts??????
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 02:29:42 am »
My trophy is 8 months old with 11,650 miles, No issues, just the recall on center stand and ecu, which was taken care of by dealer. have put 800 miles since ecu replacement last week. No issues.

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 02:33:11 am »
No question the Trophy is not a trouble free bike.  Not by a long shot.  Yet Triumph has stood behind the bike in correcting each failure.  Now the intro model, the 2013, is the model that has been subject to all the TSBs and recalls.  The 2014 may prove more reliable.  If you are really undecided then I'd wait a bit before buying. But I wouldn't buy another model just because you are in a hurry.  The Trophy has tremendous potential and if the 2014s live up to that potential then I think you will regret passing the Trophy by.
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline Oceandiving954

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '14 TTSE
  • City / Town: Miami
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 02:37:16 am »
Speaking as a newbie here  :431: I have a '14 with 1200 miles and it's trouble free...This forum will hopefully help you make the right decision...good luck!
Pacific Blue on the Atlantic :)

Offline 1150newguy

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 02:56:46 am »
Trouble free 2014 here. If you read the forums for ChevyFordChryslerBMWHondaToyotaSuzukiYamahaKawasakiDucati you won't buy any of those either.

Offline TrupTR

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE
  • City / Town: Bombala
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2014, 03:36:36 am »
*Originally Posted by NavyDad [+]
Trouble free 2014 here. If you read the forums for ChevyFordChryslerBMWHondaToyotaSuzukiYamahaKawasakiDucati you won't buy any of those either.

Spot on
Sprint ST 2007-2010
Sprint GT 2010-2014
TTSE-2014

Offline Briang1234

• Non Active
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy
  • City / Town: Milwaukie, Or.
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2014, 04:01:17 am »
The problems you'll read about in this forum you can nearly count on your fingers, and the number of people who have actually experienced these problems is also extremely small. The few problems get discussed to the point of frenzy, and some people are very vocal about them. Theres been a few truly unfortunate folks on here who have managed to take hits on everything. But hundreds of people on here have had nothing but the recalls to deal with. No problems. The recalls I would imagine are going to become a fading memory soon. Don't buy into the hype thats been posted here for the past several months. Now that spring is here everyone can get out of the house and ride!
BTW, I replaced a battery the first week I had my bike, and nothing but riding ever since. No problems whatsoever.
Brian
I have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about.
Riding the Northwet

Offline dott

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Murrieta, CA
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2014, 04:04:19 am »
Only two spots of trouble for my 2013 TT.  The first week I broke the flimsy radio antenna.  While removing the cover, to protect the baby, the antenna got caught, bent and snapped.   $130 for a replacement!!  YIKES!! I went to the local auto parts store and spent $5. on a flexible rubber antenna, works great.
Just this past week I had scheduled maintenance due and just three days prior to taking it in the battery died.  Must have been one of those from the bad batch that others have posted about.
No regrets on purchasing the TT.  The tires have lasted to nearly 15k miles!!  Never got that kind of mileage out of a set of tires on my ST1300
Fuel economy is much better than I expected, 56 MPG but I rarely get at and above 80mph.

tweedy-bunch