Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: 1st Service done  (Read 3876 times)

Offline Glenk69

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Melbourne
1st Service done
« on: February 28, 2013, 09:29:03 PM »
I had the 1st Service yesterday and the mechanics said there was no problems at all to report.  They were a bit surprised that I had put 3000kms on it before the first service but i went on tour last week and I changed the oil and oil filter before leaving.  I must be lucky not to have encountered any of the problems others are having.  The service cost me $273.00 aud with a first service discount of $27.59. :155:

My dealer seems to use Ipone R4000 RS Engine Oil.  In fact they seem to sell every Ipone product on the market.  I had never heard of Ipone Oil before.  Does anyone know if its any good?

Whatever the case I have said it before and I'll say it again this is the best bike I have ever ridden.  My next service is due at 16000kms.  At the rate I am traveling on this bike I should have just booked the service when I picked it up form the 1st service yesterday.   :152:

Ndo

Re: 1st Service done
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 05:37:51 PM »
Are you using synthetic oil?

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hoyland
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 06:02:38 PM »
Glenk69

I've never heard of this maker of engine oil  :087: But I would imagine that it will be approved by Triumph or the warranty on the engine would be void. Any dealer would be stupid to use oil that would void any warranty issues so I wouldn't worry  :062:
Ride long & prosper.
Live to ride. Ride int rain.

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K1600GTL (Pegasus)
  • City / Town: Nottingham
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 02:38:02 PM »
Just had mine done today. £70 (UK) all in. The rear footpeg was changed as promised and an updte of the ECU. No problems with the screen now. No more services for another 9,300 miles. How cool is that.
'The farther one travels, the less one knows.......'

George Harrison

Offline Glenk69

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Melbourne
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2013, 09:22:28 PM »
Its definitely cool Berber but I suspect we will all have to change Tires and Brake Pads between the service periods.  I am also a bit skeptical about leaving Oil and Oil filter for so long between changes.  I usually change oil & filter on every bike I've owned every 6000kms.  I am no expert and I assume Triumph know what they are doing but 13,000kms to 16,000kms between oil changes seem far too much to me.

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2013, 07:41:53 AM »
Glenk69

Dont worry about the distance between services? Even at this sort of miles/klms it will be well within the oils capabilities. As the engine builds and engine oil get better these sort of gaps will get even larger. Oil never breaks down? its the additives in the oil and as these get better the longer the oil will last.
Dont waste your money put it into fuel and get the extra fun out of riding it.
I work in the automotive industry although on trucks these gaps are getting greater all the time. IE 150,000 klm between oil changes? This being almost annually and 4 times greater than it was 10 years ago. In time with good filtration and engine/oil development oil changes will be a thing of the passed.

Just keep an eye on the level and top up when required and let it do the   :821:

Ride safe  :046:

Chaos

Ride long & prosper.

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2013, 07:57:16 AM »
All

Also my 1st service done? Other than lubing up the screen pivots as I reported it creaking / sounding tight  :084:

NO FAULTS TO REPORT

Very, very pleased with the bike and the service at Triumph World  :062:  :062:

Rock on the summer and some serious riding in warmer conditions :020: :020:

Chaos
Ride long & prosper.

Offline Keith

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy
  • City / Town: Kansas City, MO
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2013, 04:16:51 AM »
Just had my 500mile service done today.
They found a small coolant leak that was sorted by tightening a hoe clamp.
Cost = FREE. It was thrown in as part of the deal when I bought it  :002:
Keith
2013 triumph Trophy SE
1977 Honda Goldwing GL1000