Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: 2013 Trophy Dyno chart  (Read 4657 times)

Offline Chaser

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Yamaha Vmax
  • City / Town: South Jordan, UT
2013 Trophy Dyno chart
« on: March 01, 2013, 03:14:46 PM »
Hello all.

I'm presently a proud owner of a Yamaha Vmax.  -And a few crotch rockets in my time as well-  But after joining a motorcycle club last year I've began to think its limited purpose is a bit restrictive and so I am considering other options.  Actually I am strongly considering the Triumph Trophy.   Primarily because of the performance impressions I have gained from reading online reviews.  I have read its a very torquey engine which I welcome.  I've gotten a little tired of motorcyles  that have to revved over 5000rpm to experience their better torque.   Personally I don't think a touring motorcyle should have to be downshifted and revved to kingdom come to gain power.  I also I like the trophy's tech. 

My question is this:  Is there a dyno chart for the 2013 Trophy?  I have searched all over, including the site but haven't had much luck.     

Thank you!

Offline Chaser

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Trophy Dyno chart
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 04:58:20 PM »
I found a dyno chart from the 2012 Explorer which is essentially the same engine although slighty massaged for the Trophy's purpose.  It was provided by Triumph.

137 PS = 135 HP
121 Nm = 89.3 lb-ft.
100 Nm = 73 lb-ft.

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hoyland
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 05:13:23 PM »
Chaser

I take my Trophy in for the 1st service in the morning and as of yet not used it to the full rev range? But riding in normal conditions there is no need to go pass 5,000 RPM. Even using it at half the rev range this torquey engine is a awesome. The pulling power is such that even in 6th gear that is a true over drive you can drop to 40mph and it will still pull away very quickly and smoothly.

You have to ride it to believe it :087:

Chaos
Ride long & prosper.
Live to ride. Ride int rain.

Offline Chaser

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 06:08:08 PM »
Chaos,

I am very glad to hear that!  I got this off a review too and I'd like your view on it:
Neither (the Trophy triple) as buttery smooth as the larger multis, nor as reassuringly pulsating as a twin, the triple is a bit on the buzzy side for a tourer. The sensation is always there, though it’s never excessively intrusive. Still, we would not turn our noses up at a bit more vibration damping.

What do you or anyone think?

« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 11:42:03 PM by Chaser »

Offline ThickBrit

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2 x TT, now an SE
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2013, 01:04:10 AM »
For a 300kg bike, it's very quick off the mark and cruises at 4500/80mph without any problems at all.
I had an ST1300 (80k miles in 3 years in all weathers and all kinds of roads) and although the Pan was lighter (and a V4) I would say the Trophy is still way quicker. As has been said it will pull away in almost any gear.
Very easy to ride, very 'planted' and very efficient.
Ave about 45 miles to a UK gallon.
Approaching 2500 miles now and looking forward to the next 7500 until the next (minor) service.
Couple of minor niggles, but basically I believe so far that I made the right choice.
DVSA registered post-test motorcycle trainer.

Offline afterburner

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 triumph trophy
  • City / Town: long beach, ca
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2013, 01:08:57 AM »
it's more of a tingling on the bars and the foot pegs. but i don't think it's gonna be a problem for those 10 hour days.
i remember my first bike back in the 80s, a yamaha 4 cylinder 750. now that was buzzing! the rear view mirrors were useless. even my 2012 gsxr 750 that i got rid of wasn't bad. never took it on a long trip, but i have no doubt i could have stayed on it for 8 hrs.

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K1600GTL (Pegasus)
  • City / Town: Nottingham
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2013, 02:40:58 PM »
I'm more than satisfied with mine. I commute 100 miles a day and the bike makes it so easy. The only niggle (if there is one) is that I sometimes get back ache. I guess I shall just have to figure that one out.
'The farther one travels, the less one knows.......'

George Harrison

Offline 2wheeler

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2013, 03:52:06 PM »

tweedy-bunch