Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Trumpet Newbie  (Read 1229 times)

Offline Trumpetman14

• Trophy Pro
  • You Gotta Love her!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wendell, NC
Trumpet Newbie
« on: March 04, 2013, 01:39:53 PM »
G'Day All, I live in the great town of Lizard Lick, NC....yep, Ronny and Bobby and company are located across the street from my office in case you're wondering if I know the "Lizard Lick Towing" crew :821:
I just picked up a '13 lunar silver SE. I love it. My previous ride was a BMW K1300GT. Unfortunately, the geniuses at BMW decided to end that model production in the hopes their new K1600GT would make us all swoon and jump in at the earliest possible chance to spend $5000 more than the original cost of the K13 and ignore the extra 5 inches in wheelbase and extra 100+ lbs in bulk that the K16 has to offer....NOT! Needless to say, the SE is a bit down on ponies compared to the Beemer but it still is quite sporting and actually a bit more nimble and cruiser-comfortable over the bumps and irregularities in the road at supra-legal speeds than the K13. So, I'm very pleased to own the newest offering from the boys and girls in Britain to occupy my stable!   ENJOY IT!! -Dr Ron
Growing old MAY BE mandatory...But
Growing up is OPTIONAL !!

Offline Glenk69

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Melbourne
Re: Trumpet Newbie
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 09:44:42 AM »
Welcome Trumpetman.  Not sure what all that Licking Lizards stuff was all about but each to their own. :017: 

Offline Trumpetman14

• Trophy Pro
  • You Gotta Love her!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wendell, NC
Re: Trumpet Newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 09:56:13 PM »
"Lizard Lick Towing" is a popular reality TV show about two NC HillJacks who own a repo business and is all about the trouble they get themselves into while repossessing cars from various "colorful" characters...
Growing old MAY BE mandatory...But
Growing up is OPTIONAL !!