Air Box Screen by Noggin
[Today at 03:05:09 pm]

Lunch anyone in and around Texas. by trophied
[Today at 02:14:33 pm]

brake caliper overhaul. by STJIM
[Today at 02:13:39 pm]

Bluetooth Interference with Engine Running by trophied
[Today at 02:13:05 pm]

Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: After over 18 years solid service, one of mine has moved on...  (Read 3791 times)

Online RedMerle

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy & Tiger 1
  • City / Town: St Cleer, Cornwall
I didn't think I'd see the day, but after 18 1/2 years sterling service, it was time to make some space and by oldest Triumph had to go.

I couldn't have sold it to just anyone, so she's gone to a friend and will now be seen on the roads around Hertfordshire. Just a shame that the fog descended on the morning that he came to pick her up:

I bought her in December 1995, with 322 miles on the clock and she's never, ever, let me down  :028:  Wishing her well in her new home  :001:

John.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 06:11:19 am by RedMerle »

Offline venomyellow

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 15 Rocket 14 K1600
  • City / Town: Stratford Upon Avon
Re: After over 18 years solid service, one of mine has moved on...
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 08:22:28 am »
That's a shame - they make a great looking pair

Online RedMerle

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 08:35:09 am »
Thanks! They'll meet again from time to time though - the next time will be The Ace Cafe's Triumph only day on the 8th of June.

Is anyone else going from here? It's usually a great day out  :001:

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 10:43:13 pm »
*Originally Posted by RedMerle [+]
I didn't think I'd see the day, but after 18 1/2 years sterling service, it was time to make some space and by oldest Triumph had to go.

I couldn't have sold it to just anyone, so she's gone to a friend and will now be seen on the roads around Welwyn Garden City. Just a shame that the fog descended on the morning that he came to pick her up:

I bought her in December 1995, with 322 miles on the clock and she's never, ever, let me down  :028:  Wishing her well in her new home  :001:

John.
Thought it was always foggy in Cornwall :008:  Seriously I'm sure you're sad to see the bike go but at least it went to a friend. 
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline oztriplerider

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Silver Trophy SE
  • City / Town: ourimbah
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 04:03:33 am »
I have a 94 model sprint (square tail light), with 300,000 klicks on the clocks only time she ever let me down was when her coils went one after the other, over a 3 mth period back in 03 the carbies are worn out, front rotors are also shot and has a green fairing on her after a bingle a few yrs back. I have picked up some carbies and other bits and pieces for her over the yrs and intend to restore her to her former glory.......this one is never being sold...she is my first Hinkley Triumph.... the TTSE is my 3rd trumpy but not my last.......
 :028: 
Motorcycles
No Explanation Required

Online RedMerle

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2014, 06:33:19 am »
*Originally Posted by w8d4it [+]
Thought it was always foggy in Cornwall :008:  Seriously I'm sure you're sad to see the bike go but at least it went to a friend.

Our village in certainly know for having most and drizzle that can take days to clear, while the town (only around 3 miles down the road, but off the moors) can be basking in the nearest thing we get to brilliant sunshine!  :233:  :008:

Online RedMerle

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2014, 06:44:17 am »
*Originally Posted by oztriplerider [+]
I have a 94 model sprint (square tail light), with 300,000 klicks on the clocks only time she ever let me down was when her coils went one after the other, over a 3 mth period back in 03 the carbies are worn out, front rotors are also shot and has a green fairing on her after a bingle a few yrs back. I have picked up some carbies and other bits and pieces for her over the yrs and intend to restore her to her former glory.......this one is never being sold...she is my first Hinkley Triumph.... the TTSE is my 3rd trumpy but not my last.......
 :028:

I'm impressed! Those engines are probably the most robust to ever be fitted to a motorcycle and as you've proven, 300,000k is achievable. I'm hoping that, once the few initial niggles on the 1200 triple have been ironed out (even the original had one or two of those; sprag clutches anyone?) that, it too, will achieve intergalactic mileages  :152:
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 06:54:42 am by RedMerle »

Offline Iron Gonzo

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Kleit
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2014, 10:50:04 am »
verry nice color the explorer  :062:

tweedy-bunch